Sponsored by:

"Engine Oil At Minimum"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 E55 AMG
Angry "Engine Oil At Minimum"

HELP!! I don't get it! I checked my oil about 2 weeks ago via the instrument cluster. It was "O.K!" and that I had 8600 miles left. This morning I get a check engine and the "Oil At Minimum" warning. HMMMM! Am I leaking oil? Someone told me that it might be filter seal . Any help?

In the mean time. Where do I add the Moble 1 oil? AND how much should I add? lol

I will need to take it to the dealership on Monday for service A or B, if they can squeeze me in.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Last edited by LeeRod80; 03-14-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:02 AM

Currently Benzless
In 2 weeks time it is normal to burn some oil off. You add oil through the cap on top of the engine. It should say something like "Do Not overfill oil. Catalyst damage might occur" on the cap.

Just add a little at time and check the level with the dipstick.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:20 AM

99 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CLK Operator
In 2 weeks time it is normal to burn some oil off. You add oil through the cap on top of the engine. It should say something like "Do Not overfill oil. Catalyst damage might occur" on the cap.

Just add a little at time and check the level with the dipstick.
I understand it burns some oil, but THAT fast? It said 8600 miles. I've only done about 1,000 miles since then.

Thanks for the help. Will do that today!

Last edited by LeeRod80; 03-14-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:25 PM

2000 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by LeeRod80
HELP!! I don't get it! I checked my oil about 2 weeks ago via the instrument cluster. It was "O.K!" and that I had 8600 miles left. This morning I get a check engine and the "Oil At Minimum" warning. HMMMM! Am I leaking oil? Someone told me that it might be filter seal . Any help?

In the mean time. Where do I add the Moble 1 oil? AND how much should I add? lol

I will need to take it to the dealership on Monday for service A or B, if they can squeeze me in.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Add about four ounces of Mobil 1 0W40 through the dipstick tube. Then check your oil level at the instrument cluster. Obviously, add a little (a few ounces) more if the "oil at minimum" reappears. Do not over fill. Good luck.