Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E55 AMG
Back on the road!!!!... and a few questions

Hi guys,

been absent for a while but my baby is finally 100% back on the road and working perfect! look here for the new Lorinser bumper:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3051115
Everything is original parts and done in the Mercedes Garage so it's all good!

I've got a small problem with the fog lights as I'm installing Xenons but there is no fuse for the fog lights in the steering wheel fusebox or under the rear seats. I need to replace the originals from 5 to 7.5 to handle the Xenons. Can anyone help if they have done this mod yet?
Also, my steering wheel column motor has gone kaput and needs fixing. I haven't got in it yet but if anyone has removed the column and seen the motor for the adjustments, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm planning a Chipcentric tuning chip install and an going to make a dual exhaust by removing the centre CAT and replacing with two straight through tubes (with high-flow silencers and cat on each) and two dual tipped black and chrome exhaust backboxes. Same size and similar design to the originals, I'm not looking for big 4" ricer exhausts! Also looking for a lightweight camshaft pulley as well.
Got my SprintBooster installed already and some K&N High Flow filters in the airbox.
Im also going to be removing the gray leather from the seats, steering wheel and side trim and replacing it with white! The touchscreen DVD player is also going to be upgraded to a GPS, DVD, MP3 touchscreen flipout head unit and have been thinking of a couple of screens in the headrests of the front and rear seats. 5 in total. I'm still not convinced on the screens idea as it is a bit ricer for a Mercedes but still. Any more ideas for modification would be great!

Cheers
Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Screens are ricer, just sayin.

Please no screens in the rear headrests.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:25 PM

99 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Esh
Please no screens in the rear headrests.
+1, but to each their own. I like the other mods you did though. How's that sprintbooster treating you? I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on one.

P.S. Just saw all of the pics of your ride. Good job man. Lots of major and minor mods to make it your own! About the rims, did you have to do anything special to make them fit? Where did you get them? Also, where did you get the Bilstein Springs and shocks? Hows the ride feel?

Last edited by LeeRod80; 04-22-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 E55 AMG
yup, have been thinking the screens are too much. but I'd like to make her a bit more of a show car but still practical, been thinking of putting the screens on rotators so i can spin then on the headrests to either show or put some leather on the back to make then flush whn they are not in use.

For the rims. They are an extra inch wider than stock but needed no modification.
The ride is great, the springs and shocks arent Bilstein, been meaning to change that. think i didi it in a hurry when i first started the page. They are actually Lorinser. I cut the springs to find my desired drop and then went for it. The ride is great but I'm going to stiffen up the shocks when i get back. Just a little too soft for my liking!
I got the wheels in Dubai and custom sprayed them black as they are only in chrome or gunmetal stock! got them from a totalled E55 07 in a scrap yard. Baught them from the scrappie!

For the Sprintbooster, I havent actually seen many results. It doesnt feel much more responsive but I have to give the car a good run when i get back and re-check after my service and checkups.

If you do get one, can tyou tell me if you feel a marked improvement or just minimal?