W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

brake problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 W210 e55 amg, 97 S600, 05 honda dc5
brake problem

i took out the battery cables overnight to reset the ecu, the next day i took the e55 for a spin suddenly my brakes slams by it self,and the triangle light on the dash came on,after few seconds turn back to normal then after few seconds brakes hit again by it self. what do you think the probs on my e55?your help would be highly appreciated.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:40 AM

99 E55 AMG
Scary! I hope someone can chime in. I wanted to do the Battery/reset also.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by farmer88
i took out the battery cables overnight to reset the ecu, the next day i took the e55 for a spin suddenly my brakes slams by it self,and the triangle light on the dash came on,after few seconds turn back to normal then after few seconds brakes hit again by it self. what do you think the probs on my e55?your help would be highly appreciated.
You don't need to disconnect the battery to re-fresh the ECU. That's a lot of work and not Nessacary unless you replaced O2 Sensor or MAF and you didn't have a OBDII scanner to reset the code.

If you want to pep your step ECU reset turn the key two clicks to the right making sure that the engine is not running / press and hold gas pedal 20 sec. while still pressing gas pedal turn key left / and take the key out while holding the gas pedal. Wait 10 sec. and your ECU is not reset. Drive the car like a bat out of hell so that it can keep the shift points higher. I do mine every 2 weeks just to keep it peppy I hate our ECU's that' another topic.

As far as the Brake slamming on .... well I never heard of that one. Don't drive it ..I'm sure by now you must have taking it to a shop.. keep us posted on this one..

-Armani
Old 06-27-2009, 11:53 AM

99 E55 AMG
You're so smart Armani. lol
Old 06-27-2009, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LeeRod80
You're so smart Armani. lol
hahaha why thank you lol

Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads put in last night along with my 2 replaced shocks for the front as well

Total for labor $195
Old 06-27-2009, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
210 55
Originally Posted by armaniE55
hahaha why thank you lol

Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads put in last night along with my 2 replaced shocks for the front as well

Total for labor $195
What shocks are you use now Armani? factory OEM for the front? or some bilstein koni or so?, i need to replace mine (all 4) but bilstein not sell the replace to our factory amg shocks my local dealer said 406$ PER ONE OEM front shocks are critycal heavy price!!!

Referent to the brake problem, maybe you have a bad speed wheel sensor (i don't know why fail after disconnect the battery) but shure the problem is a bad wheel speed sensor you need to go to your local dealer for a scan process

Fabio Daniel
Old 06-27-2009, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

+1

I'm running Eibach Pro with Bilstein HD I Love it ... but if you go with H&R then you will need to go with Bilstein Sport shocks (due to the springs being lower)

One of the shocks had leak so I had to replace both (best to replace in pairs)

Link where I bought mine
http://www.importautoparts.com/store...shock_absorber

-Armani

fyi- Bilstein is the original shock on the E55
Old 06-28-2009, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

210 55
+1

I'm running Eibach Pro with Bilstein HD I Love it ... but if you go with H&R then you will need to go with Bilstein Sport shocks (due to the springs being lower)

One of the shocks had leak so I had to replace both (best to replace in pairs)

Link where I bought mine
http://www.importautoparts.com/store...shock_absorber

-Armani

fyi- Bilstein is the original shock on the E55
Many thanks Armani, i know bilstein are the OEM manufactured by our amg shocks, but bilstein NOT sell the direct replacement for our cars "cames only for the 420's 430's .... but not the 55 amg" (you need to purchase them in the dealer if you want the same size/lenght.. you can read fast this thread to understand Bro:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...bilsteins.html

My car is an Euro spec 1"lower than the Us verion, what car is yours? Us or Euro? i'm indesition to purchase the HD or sport cause the lower car can blow the HD's, but the Sports (same size as mine stocks amg) are more firmest than the HD, in my country the streets runs like a S..T & i can't sit the car hardest because i go tu ruin a tire/rim every day

The AMG factory are extremly $$$$ expensive

Thanks in advance for your info friend!

*** Original Thread: i forgot to mention in some cases the ESP aceleration sensor (down the driver side seat) cause this issue.. Try to scan your car & post results here please

Fabio Daniel
Old 06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fabio D
Many thanks Armani, i know bilstein are the OEM manufactured by our amg shocks, but bilstein NOT sell the direct replacement for our cars "cames only for the 420's 430's .... but not the 55 amg" (you need to purchase them in the dealer if you want the same size/lenght.. you can read fast this thread to understand Bro:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...bilsteins.html

My car is an Euro spec 1"lower than the Us verion, what car is yours? Us or Euro? i'm indesition to purchase the HD or sport cause the lower car can blow the HD's, but the Sports (same size as mine stocks amg) are more firmest than the HD, in my country the streets runs like a S..T & i can't sit the car hardest because i go tu ruin a tire/rim every day

The AMG factory are extremly $$$$ expensive

Thanks in advance for your info friend!

*** Original Thread: i forgot to mention in some cases the ESP aceleration sensor (down the driver side seat) cause this issue.. Try to scan your car & post results here please

Fabio Daniel
Hahaha 2 steps ahead of you Bro, already read that a lonnnnnnng time ago
All good- my car is US but I currently live in New England, let's put it this way it's like driving in a 3rd World Country that just started to pave the streets and highway yes it's pretty bad. So this is why I went with the HD instead of the Sports. It's still ex termly tight but for everyday driving it's all good It's safe to say it's the best setup in my personal opinion. But if I lived let's say Florida where I used to live the highway there is like driving on a Race Track 5 open lanes of beautiful pavement. I had my S500 going at least 130+ everyday...

I'll dig up some pics of the S500 so that you can check out my old ride

I wish I could help you more

-Armani
Old 06-28-2009, 08:55 PM

E55
Originally Posted by farmer88
This happened to me a few times, brakes slammed on their own, I changed the brake switch and this has not happened since, so replace that and see how that goes..
Old 06-28-2009, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

210 55
Hahaha 2 steps ahead of you Bro, already read that a lonnnnnnng time ago
All good- my car is US but I currently live in New England, let's put it this way it's like driving in a 3rd World Country that just started to pave the streets and highway yes it's pretty bad. So this is why I went with the HD instead of the Sports. It's still ex termly tight but for everyday driving it's all good It's safe to say it's the best setup in my personal opinion. But if I lived let's say Florida where I used to live the highway there is like driving on a Race Track 5 open lanes of beautiful pavement. I had my S500 going at least 130+ everyday...

I'll dig up some pics of the S500 so that you can check out my old ride

I wish I could help you more

-Armani

Thaaanks a lot bro!! you help me in my desition

Take care

Fabio Daniel