Sponsored by:

Lease or Buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 997 C2S
Lease or Buy?

What sort of things do you consider when you make the choice between leasing or buying? Any suggestions particular to the E55 that I should know about? Thanks as always, folks.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 & 1988 BMW M6
In making my decision, I've considered the following:

1. Liquidity: Rather than all cash, I'd like to maintain a bit of liquidity over the next 12 months, so I've decided to finance my purchase - the next question, then, lease v. bank debt.

2. Bank debt is currently expensive for used cars, much higher than current lease rates which are about 5%... If you're buying a new w211, new car bank debt (or dealer/mfgr finance) may be more competitive versus leasing and worth taking a second look. Plus with leasing I don't have to completely amortize the entire cost of the car over the term of the lease (3 or 4 years), just the difference between the price and the residual (ie. monthly payments are considerable lower by leasing).

3. Ownership objective: I'm not certain if I'm going to want to keep the w210 "forever" or if I'd like to trade into the w211 in 3 or 4 years... therefore, I have decided leasing is a better option, as I won't have to hassle with selling/trading in...

Check out leasecompare.com website to get an idea of lease rates for the e55 you're considering.

Hope this helps.