2002 E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55 AMG
2002 E55 AMG

Hello,

I wanna make some mods to my 2002 e55 amg and I'm looking for advice and suggestions. I'd be interested in brabus body kit, lip & exhaust- does anyone know if they still produce and sell them for my year? And possibly where I should head? I've also been looking at sarona kits. On the inside i'm looking at the pioneer z3 with ipod connector and rearview cam drilled under my trunk emblem. I've been told I would need to have a custom fiberglass double din molded and produced in order to house the z3 as well as maintaining the original mold around the other buttons and dash controls. Also there would be the challenge of matching the wood grain trim. Anyways I'm new to 'mbworld' and i'll gladly take any and all help or feedback you have to offer! Thanks

Update: So far I've heard: the eisenmann w210 exhaust and the abedin package.

ANYONE know a little about brabus???

thanks again
Old 10-05-2009, 10:00 PM

W210 E55, W211 E3504M, E90 325i
+1 is the Brabus lip add on easily available for our cars??. I admit the AMG front end looks so pedestrian. I have a Brabus lip on the W211 and I think its a nice and subtle add on. I've been looking for lips for the E55 and have not been succesful.

But before the body kits, I'd spend money on suspension (shocks+springs or coilovers and maybe sways) and wheels/tires - which is exactly what's on my immediate to-do list.

Its a popular consensus that the AMG muffler is decent enough (in flow and note). To accentuate the sound (and maybe add a stray horse or 2), a lot of us have done the resonator delete/x-pipe mod (do a search). You can do this with either stock cats, high-flow secondary cats or secondary cats delete. I agree that even more sound and hp can be liberated via headers (AMS seems to make a nice set). Pair all those exhaust mods with the Renntech airbox or aftermarket filters at the very least.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Don't touch the rear muffler. The W210 E55 muffler is one of the best mufflers AMG ever made, its perfect as is. One thing you could do it greatly imrove sound & performance (Other than headers obviously), is the X-pipe & High flow 2nd cat combo.

These who modifications together will make a very significant difference in both sound & performance. I highly recommend these be the two first mods you do.

The two best mods you can do other those those two mentioned are the headers & pulley combo, they unlock the most power on these NA AMGs.

Hope that helps.
~AMS~
Old 10-13-2009, 02:10 AM

2002 E55 AMG
hey AMS do u happen to know of anwhere you can suggest that can do the mods u recommended in the California are? Recommendations appreciated! thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Mods are getting harder & harder to do in Cali. You can do the performance crank pulley, but exhaust mods are getting harder & harder to do in california. Many of our Cali customers have bought our stage 2 performance package (headers & pulley) and simply didn't care about carb so again its up to you. Luckily our headers look pretty similar to the stock design so people have been able to get away with it but again its up to you.