W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

Match your driving lights to your HID

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E55, Custom Turbocharged
Originally Posted by armaniE55
I did my best with the Pics... see below and let me know if you have any questions. The Inner lights have a silver/blueish tint to them. Tuff to see in the pics..... Basically got rid of all the yellow lights to LED.

Hopefully I didn't jinx myself 6 Months going strong

License Plate
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8812&viewitem=

Inner Driving Lights Oo<----
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...FP%3AUS%3A1123

Fog Lamps
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nokya...Q5fAccessories

Armani
Thanks for the links and the photos. Very impressive visual change. The fogs especially seem much more complementary to the headlights than the OEM look. How do you feel about light output from the fogs now? I realize that they are just a different temp but wonder if you can appreciate the difference from behind the wheel as well as the change appears head-on.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2009, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SilverarrowE55
Thanks for the links and the photos. Very impressive visual change. The fogs especially seem much more complementary to the headlights than the OEM look. How do you feel about light output from the fogs now? I realize that they are just a different temp but wonder if you can appreciate the difference from behind the wheel as well as the change appears head-on.

Thanks
They look great (Visual) a lot brighter than the OEM. The other day I followed my friend to get an oil change and I had the fog lights on in the daylight and he gave me a great compliment on the fogs when we arrived at the Dealer.
Oh and he drives the new Audi A5.

Armani

I think another member mentioned he was going to pick up a set..... I'm sure he will chime if he indeed picked up a set.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by saintz
There are a lot of threads about this, but few cut to the chase.

The driving light is a BAX9S H6W. You want a 17 LED version such as this one on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-...ht_2316wt_1167

This will give bright light, no light out error in the dash cluster, and the color is a pretty close match to the HID. It costs a little more, but it doesn't require resistor adapters, doesn't give a light out error like some other LEDs, and fits without modification.
Saintz - I'm digging your new Sig Pic Good stuff!

Armani
Old 12-25-2009, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Saintz - I'm digging your new Sig Pic Good stuff!

Armani
Thanks. It was a photo shoot that I did a few months ago and finally got around to post processing.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:53 PM

2002 E55
I don’t really understand the new SMD LED bulbs on the market. They don’t trigger the bulb out warning because they have internal resistors. Wouldn’t the heat from this resistor now be located inside the housing compared to the external mounts that other have done? They may provide an easy way to install LEDs without splicing the oem connector, but now you are increasing heat around the LEDs themselves and the headlight reflector, right?

On a different note, I have found a lot of useful information from: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html

I just picked up a pair of H3 Narva Rangepower +50s for my fogs. While, they don’t match my HID low beams, they are better than the OEM bulbs. I ordered the bulbs from: http://store.candlepower.com/
Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 AM

Mercedes Benz E 55 AMG T
if you just pull out the parkinglights and let them hang in the back of the reflektor the xenon will give a shine in the reflektor just like if you had a small xenon in there=)
like this!

Last edited by E55AMGTOMMY; 12-28-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Originally Posted by E55AMGTOMMY
if you just pull out the parkinglights and let them hang in the back of the reflektor the xenon will give a shine in the reflektor just like if you had a small xenon in there=)
like this!
Not quite sure what you mean. The Xenons will bleed light into the housing, you mean?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:02 AM

Mercedes Benz E 55 AMG T
Originally Posted by saintz
Not quite sure what you mean. The Xenons will bleed light into the housing, you mean?
yes exactly!! but let them hang back there (parkinglights)othervise the lampwarning will light up.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

I did my best with the Pics... see below and let me know if you have any questions. The Inner lights have a silver/blueish tint to them. Tuff to see in the pics..... Basically got rid of all the yellow lights to LED.

Hopefully I didn't jinx myself 6 Months going strong

License Plate
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8812&viewitem=

Inner Driving Lights Oo<----
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...FP%3AUS%3A1123

Fog Lamps
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nokya...Q5fAccessories

Armani

Still going strong

Armani
Old 03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150

Still going strong

Armani

I'm interested in changing out my fogs and city lights ..Are you running Led's in the fog lights also ?
And how long do these take to ship .. Im guessing they coming from overseas even though seller states US Location ..
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Cool

Originally Posted by MBFLO
I'm interested in changing out my fogs and city lights ..Are you running Led's in the fog lights also ?
And how long do these take to ship .. Im guessing they coming from overseas even though seller states US Location ..
Pretty quick shipping. Just make sure you wear latex gloves. No Led just a brighter bulb. Still going strong even with the cold temps here in Boston. I don't drive the car in the winter but here and there I'll take her for a spin.

Armani
Old 03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ordered me some lights .Fogs,DayTime ,Liscense plate . .. All supposedly shipped today so well see when they get here .. Is there a DIY as far as Taking apart the license plate bulbs or is it the same as all w210 im sure its in the Manual maybe ..

Also has anyone changed out the door lights and are they hard ..
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Arrow

Ordered me some lights .Fogs,DayTime ,Liscense plate . .. All supposedly shipped today so well see when they get here .. Is there a DIY as far as Taking apart the license plate bulbs or is it the same as all w210 im sure its in the Manual maybe ..

Also has anyone changed out the door lights and are they hard ..
Pretty easy.

The trunk one was a PIA. It's just all manual work. Best way to get to the license bulbs is to unscrew the entire light assembly. You will also have to remove the black liner, pull on the black tips and don't loose them. (not the entire liner just enough to get access)

Fog Lamps easy: Jack up one side at a time, door trap / push the metal bar inward/that holds the bulb in place.

Inner city lights: You will need to file down the tips on the bulb, you will see what I'm talking about when you get them.

Any questions just don't ask.. kidding

Pics when you get them on and if you can post before and after for other members that would be great.

Armani

Edit: I remember on my 5 series I painted the white bulbs with blue hot paint, came out good. Debating to the benz. (Cabin Lights aka Door Lights)
Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks alot Armani .. you been a great help allready and appreciate you lookin out < that how it should be around the world not just here>

My driver side fog is burned out so will get before and after pics . just might look weird with blown a fog lol
Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thanks alot Armani .. you been a great help allready and appreciate you lookin out < that how it should be around the world not just here>

My driver side fog is burned out so will get before and after pics . just might look weird with blown a fog lol
Pfft, No worries

Here to help

Armani:
Old 03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Got some lights today and lifted the ride
Ordered some LED H6W daylights in white but they look to blue and seem to have really no output of light .I didnt have to shave or file anything they fit in just like that . The driver side was a ***** becuase of wiper fluid resevior and the air duct which i cracked removing it to access the lights better . Maybe should try hi power leds because you can't use them for lights at night like you can OEM also got some white led H3 bulbs for the Fogs .. They also seem to have no lighting output so. Also my driver side wont light up even thought its all mounted . There is a wire that hangs outside of the housing area . One of the wires is corroded off .Opened that little plastic bracket and its all green where the wire broke off . So im guessing that is my foglight culprit . Will try to fix somhow if the weather gets warmer .. Will get some pics but i think im going to PIAA extreme whites if they make a H6W bulb which i havnt really seen i know they have the H3 .. thats it till i get some pics ..Couldnt get before because had to rush to install .
Old 09-20-2010, 09:54 PM

02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
Still going strong
I ended up getting the Arctic white H3's figuring even if I didn't like them it was only $15 or so. Put them in. Kind of hard to tell the difference in my pics but the first pic has just the stock lights in. Second has the new one in the drivers side and stock in the passenger side. Last one is both new. It's definitely more white than the stock bulb but not earth shattering different. But like I said, for $15, it's better than it was before.
Attached Thumbnails Match your driving lights to your HID-p1010804.jpg   Match your driving lights to your HID-p1010805.jpg   Match your driving lights to your HID-p1010809.jpg  
Old 09-20-2010, 11:15 PM

MB
I saw this setup awhile ago, certainly swapped the headlight set but it also looks like HIDs in the fogs. What do you guys think?

Old 09-21-2010, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by thebenzbar
I saw this setup awhile ago, certainly swapped the headlight set but it also looks like HIDs in the fogs. What do you guys think?

looks like HID fogs as well.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I was able to match the headlights, city lights, and fog lights. In the headlights Im using D1S 6000k, fogs 9006 6000k HID kit (projector fogs), and white LEDs in the city lights. They look blue in the pic cuz it was taken with my iphone..

Old 09-21-2010, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by jtbeche
I ended up getting the Arctic white H3's figuring even if I didn't like them it was only $15 or so. Put them in. Kind of hard to tell the difference in my pics but the first pic has just the stock lights in. Second has the new one in the drivers side and stock in the passenger side. Last one is both new. It's definitely more white than the stock bulb but not earth shattering different. But like I said, for $15, it's better than it was before.
They diffidently look like OEM to me (yellow) are these the same ones I have? Mine give that nice blue/HID output...

Armani
Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Red face

Passenger side finally went on me a few weeks ago- I only think it did due to the nice hairline fracture Not happy. I can take picture of the regular OEM light vs aftermarket. To me it really looks night/day. I put the OEM bulb back due to fact of the warning light that drives me crazy

On the note......anyone know where I can pick up a foglight? Nothing on Fleebay.

Armani
Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dynomite05
I was able to match the headlights, city lights, and fog lights. In the headlights Im using D1S 6000k, fogs 9006 6000k HID kit (projector fogs), and white LEDs in the city lights. They look blue in the pic cuz it was taken with my iphone..

Cleeeeean

I'm thinking of going HID for my foglamps once I replace the headlights to Depo
Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by thebenzbar

Are these Depos with regular halogen lights? or HID

I can't tell...

I need to tackle this project when I store the benzo in the garage for the winter.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

dynomite .. headlights and fogs look indentical ! very **** .. dont care for the city lights , mine are the same way .. ive ordered differnt kinda of white led's and they all let off a blueish tint to them .

I just installed fogs month ago and replaced three sets after ordering 6000k , didnt like them too blue .. then got 5000k same shyt ! . so i got the 4300k and honest to god it seemed as if all the hid bulb where indentical . even ordered them, for my boys newer 5 series beemr . same crapola except he has clear fogs. after the hassle didnt even ask him for the funds for the kit n bulbs . Now im leaning towards the golden yellow hids think that would look tite as its hard to find a bulb that will match a phillips oem look using aftermarket chinese/jap made kits .

On my fogs i opted not to drill the foglight caps but splice the wires, run them threw the little breather vent then heat shrink wrap worked good .. Its kind of a ***** because one of the wires that you need connects tofog light housing reflector and and other with i guess is power supposed to have a plastic cover and didnt so when i showved all wires back in . Got geeked to see the hid's and bam short .. now WTF ..lol after yellin at my boy and whatnot found the fuze and the problem some elec. tape and viola you got fogs.

If you look in the pics up ^^^^^ one side looks bluer then other .. Im having the same effect on mine right now .. really sucks .. and a ***** because either the car needs to be jacked up or lifted otherwise too low to get my head under to see WTF going on in there..

i got the 17 led city lights with the no error .. So far bout 4-5 months wokings like a charm but even though i returned to the seller for another white set even had him try couple differnt white sets and see if one burns whiter then others and he said he noticed it .. sent me out another set and same krap ..lol wtf .. PIAA ftw that was my choice with all my previous cars till hid and led came out .. I think piaa sells h6w wedge bulbs 2 for like 80-90 bucks ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Match your driving lights to your HID