you have W212, this is W210 section,

have to go with W212, you can started from here:-

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/

ZAYED,,
Old 02-12-2016, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 mb e430
I changed my brake light switch

So I changed the switch everything is working great .. but the buttons on my steering wheel stopped working :/ any one know why. Maybe the 2 connectors are in the wrong slots ? Please help it really makes me mad I fixed one thing and broke another .
Old 04-05-2016, 01:02 PM

2002 mercedes e320
2002 E320 Lamp Failure - Brake Light Switch

I appreciate all the input on this MB forum. It has helped me many times. I was getting a Lamp Failure message that was driving me crazy. All the bulbs seem to work fine. I backed up in a parking lot to check out my rear lights against the reflection of some glass windows and noticed one brake light was weak. Also, I noticed my brake lights didn't work when I turned my headlights on, scary!

I did go through the steps to isolate the lamp failure message. I was getting the notification when I pressed on the brake pedal; hence, I determined it was probably the brake bulbs.

I ordered the white light socket for the brake light that was weak (passenger side rear brake), as when I tried the light in the other side it still seamed week, where as when removed the (driver side socket and light) and tried in the other side it was bright, so I knew it was the white socket.

I read about the brake light switch failure so I order one and replaced the switch. Now everything works great, and no Lamp Failure notification.

Thanks to everyone for your continued help.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:51 PM

'99 ML430, '84 380SL, '04 XC90, '12 X5
Mercedes Brake Switch Installation Tip

If your switch looks something like the one here, this tip might help you.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Great info.,,

Thankss for sharing..

ZAYED,,
Old 03-06-2019, 01:35 AM

S430
Limp mode an abs, esp flash

I had same problem... But while my BLS was installed, I pulled on the tab an my MPH would work an tranny switch gears,no lights. If I turn on my headlights, I get all problems an nothing works.,

Can you guys help me out... I hope this emails me to know someone posted a reply.

Do you think I need a new switch
Old 04-20-2019, 06:54 PM

2008 e63 amg
Originally Posted by tbeardaz
I appreciate all the input on this MB forum. It has helped me many times. I was getting a Lamp Failure message that was driving me crazy. All the bulbs seem to work fine. I backed up in a parking lot to check out my rear lights against the reflection of some glass windows and noticed one brake light was weak. Also, I noticed my brake lights didn't work when I turned my headlights on, scary!

I did go through the steps to isolate the lamp failure message. I was getting the notification when I pressed on the brake pedal; hence, I determined it was probably the brake bulbs.

I ordered the white light socket for the brake light that was weak (passenger side rear brake), as when I tried the light in the other side it still seamed week, where as when removed the (driver side socket and light) and tried in the other side it was bright, so I knew it was the white socket.

I read about the brake light switch failure so I order one and replaced the switch. Now everything works great, and no Lamp Failure notification.

Thanks to everyone for your continued help.
Where did you order your brake light switch from ?
Old 05-08-2020, 02:54 PM

ML350
Unhappy ML350 brake light switch wiring harness

Hello there, I have read both on here and other places that the ML350 starting in 2003 no longer has a Brake Light Switch on the brake pedal but rather a Brake Pressure Sensor on the Master Cylinder. Other places I've read that the Brake Light Switch is on the brake pedal. The problem I'm having like so many on here is that the brake light switch was missing completely from the vehicle and it was working until a battery change. Now the car won't shift out of park without manually tripping the Neutral Override switch. Today a mechanic walking by my house thought that he had located the wiring harness for the brake light switch, so I ordered and picked up the brake light switch from advance auto parts, but when I got back I realized the two wires that he had found didn't fit in the switch. Is there a way of creating the harness or is there somewhere I can buy one? More importantly though, IS there a brake light switch on the pedal as some places suggest or is it just the pressure switch on the master cylinder as other places have said??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Also, I should add that my brake lights come on and goes off with pressing and releasing the brakes...so based on that, can anyone please tell me what could possibly be the problem that's preventing the car from shifting out of park?

Last edited by DAGUARDIANWINJU; 05-17-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Did any liquid fall in the shifter by chance? Otherwise that's a tough one to fix.

Originally Posted by DAGUARDIANWINJU
Hello there, I have read both on here and other places that the ML350 starting in 2003 no longer has a Brake Light Switch on the brake pedal but rather a Brake Pressure Sensor on the Master Cylinder. Other places I've read that the Brake Light Switch is on the brake pedal. The problem I'm having like so many on here is that the brake light switch was missing completely from the vehicle and it was working until a battery change. Now the car won't shift out of park without manually tripping the Neutral Override switch. Today a mechanic walking by my house thought that he had located the wiring harness for the brake light switch, so I ordered and picked up the brake light switch from advance auto parts, but when I got back I realized the two wires that he had found didn't fit in the switch. Is there a way of creating the harness or is there somewhere I can buy one? More importantly though, IS there a brake light switch on the pedal as some places suggest or is it just the pressure switch on the master cylinder as other places have said??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Also, I should add that my brake lights come on and goes off with pressing and releasing the brakes...so based on that, can anyone please tell me what could possibly be the problem that's preventing the car from shifting out of park?
Old 05-30-2020, 04:10 AM

ML350
the original shifter looked like something had spilled into it cause it was all sticky, i removed that one and put a used one from ebay and it still didn't work, so i don't know if i had to reset something or if the one from ebay was just bad as well
Old 05-30-2020, 04:13 AM

ML350
Originally Posted by armaniE55
Did any liquid fall in the shifter by chance? Otherwise that's a tough one to fix.
the original shifter looked like something had spilled into it cause it was all sticky, i removed that one and put a used one from ebay and it still didn't work, so i don't know if i had to reset something or if the one from ebay was just bad as well
Old 07-28-2020, 01:41 AM

w203 c200 model 06
brake light switch

hi i cannot locate brake light switch on my w203 ,2006 model c200
Old 10-29-2021, 09:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
BTW...post is still valuable. I have been a member of this forum for 15 years and found this thread. The same basic issues apply to an S500 W/220...dash is similar...brake switch is exact.

My car is a 2004 S500 Base with Keyless Go...I have owned it since 95 and put 125K of it's 128K miles on my self.

Here is my issue....Brake light stayed on anytime car was in the on position or running. I replaced the brake light switch and cured that problem. Now the continuing issue is that if I start the car with the key in the switch...I can't get it out of Park...makes no matter if it's the KG Key or Standard Key. Key will only start and run, as well as allowing shift out of Park using the start button in the shifter with keyless go key in the car. If it matters...battery died 2 weeks ago and I replaced with the correct Interstate. Some times when I try to use the switch in the dash...I get all the ABS, SRS warnings...then they go away.

This is driving me nuts. I haven't been stranded yet put I have that "Pucker" feeling sometimes when I drive this car...like "Will it run this time?"

Otherwise the car runs and drives like new. I have replaced 2: struts and have a new set of Michelin Premiers on it. Car loves the open Highway. I regularly drive it 500 miles each leg from Central Florida to Key West...7 hours like nothing. Love this car...I have never had a car this long in my life...my "Road Eater" !!

Any ideas?