Sponsored by:

Anyone know the part# for this...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:31 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Anyone know the part# for this...

Hey Guys, I have a 2001 w/ the carbon fiber door pillars and my passenger side one is starting to peel & rust. First off, did the cars come w/ these standard or is this aftermarket and my dealership is telling me they did not come like this from the factory. Just need a part# or some advice on how to replace? I see them on eBay but would like the original if indeed it did come like this.

Thx!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG cars came with those standard from the factory and your dealership is wrong. You can just get them from eBay. Guessing it'll be expensive if you get the OEM. GL.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55
I though that the OEM part was more of a white dot pattern vs. carbon fiber.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Originally Posted by Bellefonte
I though that the OEM part was more of a white dot pattern vs. carbon fiber.
it is .
I personally wouldnt mess with the ones off ebay .. they dont look the same as whats on the car ..

To the OP.. do you need all of them or a certain one .. I found a guy with a set of them but he been lazy to get back to me on them .. I need the front two so if your in need of rears i might be able to help you out .I'm guessing you need the fronts also ..
But i really am debating just taking them off and having them stripped and painted same color of the car .. Because on my car there isnt anything else that looks like the door pillars anyways ..
Old 03-31-2010, 11:59 AM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MBFLO
it is .
I personally wouldnt mess with the ones off ebay .. they dont look the same as whats on the car ..

To the OP.. do you need all of them or a certain one .. I found a guy with a set of them but he been lazy to get back to me on them .. I need the front two so if your in need of rears i might be able to help you out .I'm guessing you need the fronts also ..
But i really am debating just taking them off and having them stripped and painted same color of the car .. Because on my car there isnt anything else that looks like the door pillars anyways ..
Need front passenger side, dealer quoted $218 but I found oem ones for $140 shipped elsewhere, let me know if you want the name of the place.

I was thinking of stripping them down but kinda like the look of these... just not the price. Btw the eBay ones are pos stick on w/ tape and I have too much respect for my car to slap those on in place, so ill eat the cost

Do you know if the new ones are easy to install and see the screws behind the rubber seal, looks easy.

Last edited by RPB; 03-31-2010 at 12:04 PM.