Sponsored by:

How is everybody? Been a while!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
450 BHP Saab 9000 Aero
How is everybody? Been a while!

Hello guys, I haven't been on here for ages since selling the AMG last year. I only had the car for 10-11 months but due to a 60% pay cut and the hugely expensive mercedes parts, I had to give her up as I just couldn't afford the running costs! Amazing cars but cost a bomb to keep going

I've gone back to Saab's now and ended up getting a '95 9000 Aero. I've spent a small fortune on this one over the last year and taken the power up from 225 bhp (standard) to just short of 370 (stage 5). Performance wise its a cracker. My Merc was 381 bhp so no slouch and from a standing start it will easily beat the Aero up to 60 as I have a problem getting traction and the car spins in 3rd (dry) and sometimes 4th (wet)!!! but rolling start is another story. Just bags and bags of power and boost from this new turbo! 60-100mph is 5.2-5.3 seconds, so just a tad quicker than a W211 AMG This is also down to changing the gearbox for a shorter ratio box, but thats also brought the top speed down to 145-150 mph. Still more to do though including changing the turbo again from a GT28RS to a GT3071R and fitting a tubular manifold.... so I should get a healthy 420-430bhp then with all the other mods already done

Anyway hope everyone's enjoying they're AMG's! Maybe in a few years when prices drop I'll bag myself a nice black/tan W211 AMG! But until then...adio's fellas
Attached Thumbnails How is everybody? Been a while!-dscf0486.jpg   How is everybody? Been a while!-dscf0796.jpg   How is everybody? Been a while!-dscf0496.jpg   How is everybody? Been a while!-dscf0741.jpg.jpg   How is everybody? Been a while!-dscf0789.jpg.jpg