W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member needs help with E55 AMG, Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
New member needs help with E55 AMG, Please!

Hello, my name is Megan and I'm new to the site and wanted to introduce myself first of all and second ask for some advise/ help with my 03' E55 AMG. I recently bought the car used from a friend of a friend and it has a few issues that I am concerned about. My number one concern is a service light that keeps coming on that says " NO OIL SHUT OFF ENGINE" or something like that. I contacted the guy I bought it from and he assured me it was only because it was in need of an oil change and the light would go away once I did that, well it was gone for one day and is back. Also a service light is on that shows a picture of a battery that says "visit work shop". Im affraid to drive the car now. Can anyone help a poor girl out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Megan
Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Hi Megan. First, welcome to the forum. Also, your 2003 E55 AMG is actually a W211 and not a W210 (1999-2002).

As for your problems, have you checked the oil level? Your car should take around 8.5 quarts total. If you did an oil change, where did you get it done?

For the battery, do you have any problems with electronics shutting off or flickering while you are driving?

I think the best thing to do would be to take it to an independent Mercedes shop. Where are you located?
Old 07-25-2010, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Thanks for the response. I did have the oil changed and it was done by a qualified repair shop using specs from ALL DATA. There is no dip stick to check the level but they assure me they put the correct amount in it. I have heard it may need a new oil level sensor??? Any idea what that costs? I have not had any electrical issues other than the annoying service lights. I am having the brakes and battery done this week and will look into the oil level sensor. I really appreciate any help, Thanks, Megan
Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Sounds like the oil sensor is bad if the shop put the right amount of oil in but it is still saying it's empty. That or it has a major leak, in which case you would see an oil stain under where the car is parked.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1991 300CE
Drive it to the dealer for a proper diagnosis. I would not drive the car with the "NO OIL" message displayed. It is either low on oil or there is low oil pressure (or both).