Sponsored by:

HELP!! Electrical Issues!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 E55
HELP!! Electrical Issues!!

Please Help. I have bought a 2001 E55 with about 85k miles. I bought it for a really good deal and sort of sight unseen. Anyway, I have a laundry list of electrical problems that I have not been able to resolve. Among them, drivers window does not work, sunroof, blinkers, horn, drivers power seat etc. I have checked all of the stuff that I know to do, fuses, motors etc. I have it at a shop and the guy said that the body control module needs to be replaced. I have searched the forum for more info on the body control module but I did not find much (or I was looking incorrectly) Any help or assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:32 AM

'01 E55
OK i have taken the car to a another shop that specializes in only Benz. They have ran a computer scan and said they came up with 44 codes. They cleared them then rescanned it and some of the same ones came up and some new ones too. I am going by this afternoon to talk to them. so might have more questions tonight. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:16 PM

'01 E55
So they gave me a print out of the codes and they ranged from oxygen sensors, to a/c codes to electrical codes. The ones that were most important to me were the ones that had to do with the drivers door where we have had most of the problems with the things not working. There were codes for the drivers door that said voltage too high and voltage too low. Both of those codes. Anyone konw why it would give both codes? Is it best to just replace the door control module or is there something else I should dig into?? Any help would be apprciated. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Few questions to start:
How much did you pay ?
Did you run car fax ? maybe flood can cause electrical problem.
Did you bring it to a dealer ?

Also you can post this in W211 E55, there are more traffic over there.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:34 PM

'01 E55
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Few questions to start:
How much did you pay ?
Did you run car fax ? maybe flood can cause electrical problem.
Did you bring it to a dealer ?

Also you can post this in W211 E55, there are more traffic over there.
I only have about 7500 in the car right now. I bought it at an insurance auction and I had body work done to the passenger side, replaced both doors with oem merc doors and front fender. Strange thing is majority of problems are on drivers side that was not damaged or changed in anyway. I could have gotten rained in when at body shop or at auction as one of the passenger windows was broken when I got it. I know it is going to cost me to get it straightened out, but it is a beautiful car, drives great etc. I just want to make sure that the shop is not hosing me. The local dealer is not an option as I have several other friends with mercs that have gone there and have not been happy with the service side. I am not sure how to post this in the w211 forum unless I just start it over. Thanks for any help you can offer.