Sponsored by:

Lamp Replacement Guide for 2002 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG 2002 E55, 1997 E320
Lamp Replacement Guide for 2002 E55

I found this link on another forum. It's a great resource for our cars - see below

OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start Click on this link for different years or cars

2002MERCEDES-BENZE-class(With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

Low beam headlamp
HID-D2R
High beam headlamp
H7
H7SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.
H7ST SilverStar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
H7EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.
H7XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.
H7CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.
Parking light
Front turn signal
1156A
1156ALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Rear turn signal
1156A
1156ALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Tail light
5007LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
7225LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Stop light
7225LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
7506ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
7506LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
High mount stop light
Assembly
Fog/Driving light
H1
H1ST SilverStar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
H1XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.
License plate
6418LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Back up light
7506ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
7506LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Front sidemarker
2825LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Rear sidemarker
5007LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Glove box
6418LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Map light
Dome light
6411LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Step/Courtesy light
Trunk/Cargo area
6411LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
__________________________________________________ __
The applications presented in this replacement guide have been compiled using the best information available from the vehicle manufacturers at the time of your search. This guide is intended for general information purposes only, not to be construed as any type of warrantee as to any particular application. For specific applications the vehicle owner's manual should be consulted.
When two or more lamps are listed for the same application, remove the lamp and check the numerical designation
Old 12-11-2010, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
fog light is h3, not h1. only non-sport appearance package uses h1.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
so what level of sylvania lights best matches the xenons? i would like to replace the running lights and fog lights to match the main xenons. any other brand/color recommendations?
Old 12-29-2010, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by SleepersRock
so what level of sylvania lights best matches the xenons? i would like to replace the running lights and fog lights to match the main xenons. any other brand/color recommendations?
I put an aftermarket HID kit into the fogs. the factory xenons are only a barely brighter than halogen at best. Can't wait to do my depo retrofit.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
Originally Posted by desired_speeds
I put an aftermarket HID kit into the fogs. the factory xenons are only a barely brighter than halogen at best. Can't wait to do my depo retrofit.
Any chance you did a pic "writeup"?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
I didnt do a write up but its basically easy and plug and play .. Only 2 issues i had was getting under the car and tryin to pop that cap back on after installing the xenon bulb because i didnt drill a hole thru the cap cover . I bought 2 slim digital ballast and 2 H3 hid bulbs at 5000k

The xenon Hid bulb doesnt have one wire like a normal halogen bulb . So you will have to remove the wire that is connected to the bulb housing and connect it directly to the HID wire harness . Also i spliced the HID wire harness and ran it through the breather hole on the cap cover peice as opposed to drilling a 1 inch hole through the cover now this is where the way i did it made it hard to put the cover back on because the HID h3 bulbs sticks out further in the backside then a normal hologen H3 bulb .Also the a normal H3 bulb had the housing seat made of metal to get current from the wire thats connected to the housing , the HID h3 bulb housing seat is made of plastic and takes some work to make it sit flush if you can get it to before locking the clips in place .. Over all make great power and looks better then any LED ive used in my foglights .. The only next best thing i can say for xenon look would be togo with PIAA h3 bulbs if you want to stay halogen . IMHO silverstars arnt worth the money better off spending couple extra dollars and go with PIAA .. Also if you do go HID route make sure the ballasts are digital and make sure the light temps are correct . Since installing my HID in my foglights ive gone from 5000k to 6000k to 4300k and none will match my headlights . Now i ordered some gold 3400k and am waitin for winter to break or a nice day and install these suckers cuz im sick of the HID sellers selling basically same bulb from 4300k to 6000k and still look to blue over the whiter looking factory hids .
Old 02-20-2011, 10:08 PM

E55 AMG 00'
this will come handy, thank you
Old 02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Hopfully someone will read this and be able to answer...Can someone tell me if there's a conversion kit to plug into the factory wiring into H7 bulbs? So
D2R into H7.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
Hopfully someone will read this and be able to answer...Can someone tell me if there's a conversion kit to plug into the factory wiring into H7 bulbs? So
D2R into H7.

are u tryin to make it so your high beams are HID also ? thats what it sounds like , if so .. im sure you can splice or find an adaptor but i think the biggest issue would be retrofitting the housing on the OEM headlight from h7 to d2r even though its possible but would require removing bumper then headlight housing .. Your best bet would be to order a set of HID H7 xenon kit for likr 40-50 bucks off ebay and just plug the H7 in , find a place to hide the <slim digital ballast> and viola you have xenon hi beams . they are plug and play and you dont have to remove your bumper or headlight housing .. biggest concern would be hiding the ballast which shouldnt be to heard ..IMHO biggest ***** would be having to screw the damn bulb holder back into place .lol if you want a link of the ppl i use pm me . or you can order from the 1000,s of hid xenon sellers on ebay

ps . Just make sure whenever ordering a kit and cheap ones that the ballast are SLIM DIGITAL BALLAST .. because if not then you will have to buy a relay harness and possibly run a positive line out even though they claim tobe plug and play . Ive never had a SLIM DIGITAL BALLAST ever do that to me

Last edited by MBFLO; 02-21-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Originally Posted by MBFLO
are u tryin to make it so your high beams are HID also ? thats what it sounds like , if so .. im sure you can splice or find an adaptor but i think the biggest issue would be retrofitting the housing on the OEM headlight from h7 to d2r even though its possible but would require removing bumper then headlight housing .. Your best bet would be to order a set of HID H7 xenon kit for likr 40-50 bucks off ebay and just plug the H7 in , find a place to hide the <slim digital ballast> and viola you have xenon hi beams . they are plug and play and you dont have to remove your bumper or headlight housing .. biggest concern would be hiding the ballast which shouldnt be to heard ..IMHO biggest ***** would be having to screw the damn bulb holder back into place .lol if you want a link of the ppl i use pm me . or you can order from the 1000,s of hid xenon sellers on ebay

ps . Just make sure whenever ordering a kit and cheap ones that the ballast are SLIM DIGITAL BALLAST .. because if not then you will have to buy a relay harness and possibly run a positive line out even though they claim tobe plug and play . Ive never had a SLIM DIGITAL BALLAST ever do that to me
No, what I'm doing is buying depo like headlights off ebay. They are H7 high and low beams. Since our bulbs stock are D2R, I was wondering what issues I'd have making the switch. I don't plan to make high's HID, but we'll see...Mainly low beams will be what I'm making HID. I plan on getting slim 55 watt kit