W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
dyno

So a motorsports place in town just got a dyno. I figured I'd go over and do a few runs. I have two questions.

1) Does anyone have a pic of exactly what I'm supposed to pull. I'm talking about the ESP that I'm supposed to pull behind the drivers headlight. I think anyway.

2) The place also does tuning. I'm half debating on doing this since they do it for pretty cheap. Problem is I think they kind of specialize in American muscle cars like Mustangs. Is tuning just tuning? I'd hate for them to mess things up because they don't know how to tune my car. What do you guys think? I know headers would probably give me a better gain, but I won't want to drop that kind of money right now.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2002 E55 AMG Obsidian Black with Charcoal
I can't help with any answers about the ESP, but I am interested in your question.
I've been thinking about this very topic lately.

I don't know if they will be able to tune it any better then it (stock) is. Unless they want to flash the ECU, or change to a different fuel injector? Maybe just do the dyno runs and ask to see what they could offer your E55.
At least you will have a base line before any modifications are done in the future.

Keep us posted.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
210 55
Power = $$$

You might try X pipe first in second cats place, remove center resonator, BMC air filters hi flow primarys & definitly you need headers... AMS or kleemann works a lot good. the OEM manifolds in this engine is the most bad designed in this engine to me.. like AMS sayd = PURE YUNK

And ESP yes.. is behind the driver side headlight & water reservoir you would see the electronic devise it sayd ESP in the black electronic plaque you might disconnect to pull the dyno

Fabio Daniel
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55
This is a great opportunity to baseline your car and then see what the mods do from there. Make sure the car is in good tune: plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, and that's about it. Do the ECU reset right before the run. In fact, if they give you more than one run and you have NOT reset your ECU, it would interesting to see the difference between an economized ECU and a reset one. Just some thoughts.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55
I would expect between 330 and 350 RWHP.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Schweinhund
This is a great opportunity to baseline your car and then see what the mods do from there.
I've already done the high flow cats, xpipe and removed the resonators. Also have K&N's. Probably not a whole lot more mods I'm going to do since my kids take away all my money thereby not allowing me to get headers/pullies.
So this is probably as good as it's gonna get for me unless he can actually do some tuning for a cheap price.