Sponsored by:

BF Goodrich g-Force Super Sport (A/S)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 AMG
BF Goodrich g-Force Super Sport (A/S)

For those of you that have experience with this tire, what are your opinions of it for our cars?

What are some characteristics of this tire vs. other all-season ones?

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
210 55
I like it very very much in a techart 996 porsche when is dry, but i disagree the tyre performance in wet roads, lost lots of traction when it smells water :S

Fabio Daniel
Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 AM

2001 E55 AMG (sold)
Do you really need A/S tires in San Diego? That BFG has a reputation for being good handling in the dry, but it is rougher and noisier than most of the competing tires. To me, that is not a good match for a Mercedes. It is also not known for wet handling.

Did you get a car that already had them on, or are you shopping? If I were shopping, and wasn't worried about snow/cold, I'd probably put Hankook V12, Kuhmo SPT, Yoko S-drive, or Nitto NT555 on that car.

If I really had to have some snow traction, I'd probably bite the bullet and spend the money on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:33 AM

2001 E55 AMG
billbillw,

The BFGs came on the car when I purchased it this past March. I'll be replacing the tires before too long - so your input and suggestions were helpful.

We do get some nasty rain storms from time to time in the winter, but this car will never see snow as long as I own it.

T-Roll
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Cool

Hankook V12 Best bang for the buck. I just installed these last month and took them for a nice ride to CT from MA and they grip very, very nice. If I recall correctly they beat out the Pilot Sport last year. I tried the Nitto ENVO but they gripped really well and the thread pattern give it a aggressive look to it but they only lasted 1 summer. Let's see how the Hankooks do.

I would never, ever scarfice a tire by getting A/S always go strictly summer/high performance tires for the AMG.

*car sleeps in the Garage during winter months

Armani