Sponsored by:

Locks pop up, seats deflate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 AMG (sold)
Locks pop up, seats deflate

I've read all about the issues with the multi contour seats having leaks, but I'm trying to figure out how the air system is related to the auto-locking doors.

My car has always had issues with the air seats not working quite right. For a long time, I got them to work well as long as I didn't try to inflate the leg cushions.

Lately, I noticed problems again. They would be fine, then my back support would suddenly deflate. I also started noticing that my driver door lock would pop up on its own (after being auto-locked when I started driving).

If I tried to press down the driver door, the passenger door would pop up! I could unlock then relock using the dash switch, but the driver door would usually pop back up 5 minutes later. Now, I'm noticing the driver and passenger doors are popping up.

I plan to try and have a look under the rear seat and take the covers off my front seats tomorrow. I'm just not sure what to look for with the lock issues or if they are all related to leaks in the seat bladder system.

Anyone know how the locks are related?

Luckily, thus far I haven't come back to my locked/parked vehicle and found a door unlocked.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
The door locks are vacuum actuated and share the same pump as the seats.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Sounds like you may have a leak somewhere. Can you hear the pump in the trunk running frequently? If so you definitely have a leak.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:50 AM

2001 E55 AMG (sold)
Yeah, I know I have a leak. Just wondering if the leaks may be in the door panels since the locks are acting possessed! I'll just start with the obvious places.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:28 PM

01 E55
There's a troubleshooting guide for seat bladder leaks. I know I had a blown bladder in each seat. Found it http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210...rear-seat.html

To dignose, you can plug the air supply port in each seat and see if the pump builds pressure and stops. The selector/header assembly will split and expose the supply port and bladder ports.