Sponsored by:

Drivers Seat Deflates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E55 AMG
Drivers Seat Deflates

Just purchased a 2000 E55 and the car runs great. A couple small issues (headliner, radio power knob, etc.) that are easily addressed, but I am lost on the drivers seat. The seat inflates on start up, but after 30 seconds deflates and I cannot get the controls to do anything. Of course, the passenger seat works. Any suggestions as to whether this is a DIY or shop problem.

thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not the expert, but I see you're not getting any responses, so I'll chime in with what happened on my E55. The driver's seat would inflate when starting the car, then gradually deflate over the course of several minutes. The technician found that there was a leak in the front passenger seat. Apparently, there's one inflation pump for both seats that has a timer on it which only allows it to run for a few minutes before shutting down to prevent overheating and burning out the pump. The simplest and cheapest solution in my case was to disconnect the passenger seat from the air system. So, it's possible the problem is in with your passenger seat, not the driver's seat.

I hope this helps.

Thomas