Hello and exhaust questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E55 AMG
Hello and exhaust questions!

Hi all.
I've been lurking for a while and decided it was time to say 'hi'.
I have been frequenting these forums for a while now and can say they have been an absolute treasure trove of useful info on these cars for me so far. I picked mine up (Black/black, stock everything, good condition) late Dec 2011 with 70k on the clock. I am just about to roll over 90k now. What a car. I absolutely love this thing. Even in the depths of Chicago winters...yes it is a challenge, but with a cautious right foot it is possible.
My previous daily of 5 years was a black, mean, loud, '70 Nova which I loved to death and had to give up.(I moved 2 years ago from California to Illinois) I guess I went from one black hot rod to another! My E55 has been very good to me so far. Soon after purchase I did the engine mounts, ball joints, front bearings and complete fluid change etc.

To my question...I have read most of everything to do with these cars and understand we are pretty much tapped out in terms of mods unless we want to spend more than is sensible against what the car is worth. I am planning on H&R's, I already have the exhaust x-pipe, 45's and resonator delete planned (tubes are in a box in my garage), I know, given how awesome this engine sounds anyway, I just might want it louder!

Like I inferred above, I like 'em loud and have read the benefits of the X-pipe. I (of course) have watched the youtube vids of the Eisenmann mufflers etc, but I haven't found much on complete muffler deletes on the W210 e55. Is this advised against? Is there a performance negative on the e55? I would go the route of the Eisenmann, but at close to 1600-1800, it might be a little pricey just for some noise.

If anyone has vids or experience and advice, I would be very interested.

Chris
Old 04-03-2013, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
210 55
Dont remove the factory amg final mate, they'r exelent designed (best exhaust made b amg EVER) remove resonator and try the car with the x-pipe and 45 mandrel bends i'm sure you will love the exhaust sound without expend 1600/1800 for a resonator without any performance gain (just for sound purpouse)

Fabio Daniel
Old 04-04-2013, 10:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
86 190D (Exported to the Nerderlands), 87 300TD (Sold), 82 Ford F150 3spd, 99 E300D (RIP), 02 E55
If you want, you can take the 2nd cats off as there are 4 cats....that will give you some noise....I did mine and put straight pipes in place. Check the classified, there might be someone selling the Eisemann exhaust.