Sponsored by:

How do I get all bright white lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55 - Tectite
How do I get all bright white lights

For my 2002 E55, I'd like all the lights to match in color, and I'd like them bright white. Not yellow, not blue, just pure white. Also, can this happen without using LED lights? Does anyone have the part numbers for all of the lights? I've done quite a bit of searching, and have not found a thread with all of the answers in one place. I'd appreciate your expertise. Thanks in advance
Old 04-11-2013, 03:29 PM

2000 E55 AMG
Which lights are you referring to specifically?

If you're referring to the headlights, then I think you're stuck using the factory "bulbs".

The factory "bulbs" are HID. HID stands for high intensity discharge. The light bulbs are actually more like spark plugs than bulbs per se. Instead of a filament having electricity passed through it causing it to light up, there is actually a gap and a constant spark jumps it creating the light. So I believe that you're stuck with blue for the headlights. It may have something to do with the Xenon gas that's in there also. I can't recall what color xenon produces (from chemistry class).
Old 04-20-2013, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Dont know if you allready have stock xenons , also not sure if any e55s came with halogen headlights.
You will not get the white light look from halogens , but the closest ive seen is the PIAA halogen light bulbs . ive tried them wasnt impressed. For interior you will need leds also for daytime running lights if thats whats its called lol since mine doesnt comin on unless i turn it on
its pretty hard to match the stock HID oem bulbs to be honest , you can get close but for foglights it will be hard to match to the oem headlights . Now if you dont have xenons from factory then you can buy 2 kits from same seller same color , 4300K is supposed to be oem and closet to white color . theres a forum sponsor i believe that sells lights not sure as dont come on as much but last I knew he sold the LEDs for the Daytimerunning lights <the 2 in the middle next to headlight> and im also sure he sells the H3 foglights xenon kits , just make sure its a slim kit becuase its kind of a tight squeeze in there .you will also have to drill or as I did cut/splice the xenon kit wiring and run it through the vent of the light cover <if you end up installing these lights you will know what I am talking about >
if you dont allready have xenons now in your headlights ,. I was also try to kit a slim design kit for that, those kits should be pretty much plug and play , just pull out headlight , put new one in , connect the ballast and try to make it look neat hiding the ballast and wiring .