Please Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 08:45 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Please Help!

Hello,

Got a water leak on my passenger side, I removed all the carpeting/insulation and think it missed my TCU..but did leak under the glove compartment so I am hopeful my heater blower will be ok. Any recommendations on what I can do here to save it?

How do I fix this leak, there is not a good DIY I can find. I know it has something to do with cleaning near the passenger side firewall??

Please help it keeps raining here, I need a DIY fast!!!

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 Wagon, E550 Conv
I would check the sunroof drains and make sure they are not clogged and check the blower box under the hood mounted on the fire wall and make sure its draining as well.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:39 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Smalone01
I would c[URL="http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208-clk-class/1550977-rain-drain-buckets-water-footwells.html"]heck the sunroof drains and make sure they are not clogged and check the blower box under the hood mounted on the fire wall and make sure its draining as well.
Much appreciated buddy, it was definitely the box under the hood near the passenger side. I will have to make this a routine during these months when we have a lot of debris falling from the trees. The drivers side looked like a different draining system, is this the case and was going to clean both? Have I likely damaged any electronics? It missed the TCU that is behind a metal plate that did not get wet but did go through the underneath of the glove compartment which I believe is the heater blower? I am leaving my windows open and have removed all the carpeting/insulation too...Any other recommendations??

This DIY thread below really helped:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208...footwells.html

Thx again!!

Last edited by RPB; 05-12-2013 at 02:05 PM.