W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touchy throttle, hesitant transmission - ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 05:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55
Touchy throttle, hesitant transmission - ideas?

So the car's not running like it used to. This seemed to have come on suddenly a few months ago and I am unsure what to try first.

Car has 161K, stock with secondary cats removed, never had plugs/wires or mass air sensor changed.
Trans connector was checked and is leaking very slightly into the ECU housing (just a tiny tiny spot). Inde shop said connector can be changed in the next few weeks but TCU is fine.

The car's throttle used to be linear and predictable, now it seems "surgey", especially cold. Also, the trans shifts (bumps) a little harder coming to a stop and hangs in the lower gears longer under light and part throttle. Under full throttle it goes but not as it used to, seems less than 100%. Kickdown on a rolling start is slower and seems to be more hesitant.

It's all very subtle apparently. The shop said the car seems to be running great and said the trans fluid was just fine and checked for codes on the speed sensor with an "OK" result.

I know I should do the plugs and I will soon but could this really cause this? I am looking for ideas.

Thanks!