MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W210 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg-82/)
-   -   Middle East M113 Weistec Supercharger Upgrade (https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/520551-middle-east-m113-weistec-supercharger-upgrade.html)

M3RC3D3SE55AMG 11-15-2013 03:07 PM

Middle East M113 Weistec Supercharger Upgrade

I'm starting this thread to search out for individuals based in the United Arab Emirates and the surrounding GCC region, who may be interested in a group purchase of a supercharger upgrade kit from Weistec Engineering. I am in direct contact with them about this. If you are an avid Mercedes tuning fan, you'll know all about Weistec (they build the fastest tuned Mercedes cars in the World). If you are not familiar with them, read more about them here: http://www.weistec.com

The kit in question is for the naturally aspirated Mercedes M113 engine ONLY. So those of you with non-supercharged M113 engines, such as myself (W210 E55 AMG Yr/2000), this is the kit for you. The kit is in it's final development stages, but will soon be complete and ready for purchase.

The price of the kit will be approximately $8500-$10,000 I expect. If we do a group buy, the final price would come down significantly of course. The estimated horsepower/torque gains will increase by approximately 40%-50%.

Anyone who may be interested in supercharging their M113 with a kit from these World Record holding Mercedes tuners, reply to this post, and I shall start compiling a shortlist of contacts to show to Weistec. You have the chance here to be one of a very select group to have this kit, in the entire GCC :bow:

Compatibility List:

1998-2002 CLK55 AMG
1998-2002 E55 AMG
2000-2003 ML55 AMG
2001-2002 CL55 AMG
2001-2003 S55 AMG
2002-2003 G55 AMG
2004-2010 SLK55 AMG
2005-2007 C55 AMG

Strigoi 11-19-2013 05:12 AM

Can those of us in the US get in on this?

**** is seriously up in the air for me right now when it comes to vehicle stuff. I'm waiting until after taxes to do anything and then I have way too many ideas for what I want.

After doing some wheeling in a friend's mildly modded FJ Cruiser on a camping trip this last weekend I'm seriously thinking about picking one of them up. That and a hooligan bike are at the top of my list currently.

I'm also first in line for a Stage 2 Weistec C63 that a guy on another board I go on is selling in the next 2-3 months. I'm mainly waiting to see how much he wants since he doesn't have a number in mind yet. The car has gone 10.8 on DRs.

benzokirk 11-19-2013 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Strigoi (Post 5848515)

I for one would be interested as well... unless there's a reason you want to limit the group buy to your location. I would think there would be "strength in numbers". There are more members on this forum than there are owner of our cars in your region. Expand your potential. Broaden your horizon. :y

M3RC3D3SE55AMG 11-20-2013 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Strigoi (Post 5848515)

**** is seriously up in the air for me right now when it comes to vehicle stuff. I'm waiting until after taxes to do anything and then I have way too many ideas for what I want.

After doing some wheeling in a friend's mildly modded FJ Cruiser on a camping trip this last weekend I'm seriously thinking about picking one of them up. That and a hooligan bike are at the top of my list currently.

I'm also first in line for a Stage 2 Weistec C63 that a guy on another board I go on is selling in the next 2-3 months. I'm mainly waiting to see how much he wants since he doesn't have a number in mind yet. The car has gone 10.8 on DRs.

Originally Posted by benzokirk (Post 5849480)
I for one would be interested as well... unless there's a reason you want to limit the group buy to your location. I would think there would be "strength in numbers". There are more members on this forum than there are owner of our cars in your region. Expand your potential. Broaden your horizon. :y

I better open up this opportunity to the masses it seems! Let me call Weistec and let them know the latest! :y Thank you for getting back to me! :D

JamE55 11-20-2013 11:27 PM

When you say soon are we talking about a month from now? 2 months perhaps? Last time Weistec said it was in its final development was a few months ago maybe more.

Can you follow it up with a more concrete date?

Thx

M3RC3D3SE55AMG 11-21-2013 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by JamE55 (Post 5850828)
When you say soon are we talking about a month from now? 2 months perhaps? Last time Weistec said it was in its final development was a few months ago maybe more.

Can you follow it up with a more concrete date?

Thx

I'll speak to my contact there and get an update in here ASAP!

M3RC3D3SE55AMG 12-01-2013 09:34 AM

Weistec are taking way too long to answer some very simple questions :nix: I've decided to take a different route to supercharging my M113 because of this. There's no way I'm apologising for Weistec, they can continue ignoring potential customers and enjoy the bad reputation for customer service that comes with it. What I will apologise for however, is getting people as excited as I was for purchasing their so called "new M113 kit".

Anyway, back to my custom supercharger setup route. I'll post more about it in my E55 project thread.

BlownV8 12-01-2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by M3RC3D3SE55AMG (Post 5861059)
Weistec are taking way too long to answer some very simple questions :nix: I've decided to take a different route to supercharging my M113 because of this. There's no way I'm apologising for Weistec, they can continue ignoring potential customers and enjoy the bad reputation for customer service that comes with it. What I will apologise for however, is getting people as excited as I was for purchasing their so called "new M113 kit".

Unfortunately, this seems to be an all too often occurance from what I read on this board.

M3RC3D3SE55AMG 12-01-2013 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlownV8 (Post 5861266)
Unfortunately, this seems to be an all too often occurance from what I read on this board.

In the memorable words of the late, great Richard Pryor: "Fu*k 'Em" :y

benzokirk 12-01-2013 09:52 PM

"Anyway, back to my custom supercharger setup route. I'll post more about it in my E55 project thread."

I'll be sure to keep up with that thread, as I'm interested in starting my own project as well. Too bad about Weistech...

M3RC3D3SE55AMG 12-01-2013 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by benzokirk (Post 5861696)
"Anyway, back to my custom supercharger setup route. I'll post more about it in my E55 project thread."

I'll be sure to keep up with that thread, as I'm interested in starting my own project as well. Too bad about Weistech...

Well what more can we do but ask the "great guys" at Weistec to provide us with the "service" they say they provide? :nix: It seems safer to stick to following the age old tale of "if you want a job doing, do it yourself".

Consequently, I'll be purchasing all the parts needed for my supercharger project, and fitting them in one go. I'll make sure I post in the project thread about the parts I acquire. The shopping list I have will see great gains for the N/A E55, and for a much lower cost than what the "well known tuners" charge according to my calculations. The fitting and tuning work will be done by a race build garage near to where I live, so couldn't be more confident with what the final result will be.

The garage has a Dyno, so all gains will be documented and shared too :)

Neanicu888 12-03-2013 08:40 AM

Just use the stock W211 E55 supercharger. Plenty for sale on EBay last time I've checked. It requires quite a few mods and not an easy task but can be done. If you search I believe I read some info about this...

AMGSC 12-03-2013 09:22 PM

My car is almost done. Going on the dyno tomorrow for final tuning!

M3RC3D3SE55AMG 12-04-2013 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by AMGSC (Post 5863670)
My car is almost done. Going on the dyno tomorrow for final tuning!

Thats great! Have you got any links for photos or videos? Did you experience any issues during the process? Fitments and custom fabrication issues etc?

I'm actually excited for you! :D

AMGSC 12-04-2013 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by M3RC3D3SE55AMG (Post 5864020)
Thats great! Have you got any links for photos or videos? Did you experience any issues during the process? Fitments and custom fabrication issues etc?

I'm actually excited for you! :D

I have pics but don't want to post them. Will wait for Weistec to announce it when they are 100% done. Fitment and fabrication is perfect and it looks so professional as with anything they do. They even power coated my valve covers for free! It looks beautiful.

snooozie 12-05-2013 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by AMGSC (Post 5864754)
I have pics but don't want to post them. Will wait for Weistec to announce it when they are 100% done. Fitment and fabrication is perfect and it looks so professional as with anything they do. They even power coated my valve covers for free! It looks beautiful.

without any pictures, it's just "talk" and I read a lot of "talk" in these threads. How long would you think Weistec will be done with your build? You have the 06 C55 right? Do you have to cut a new hood as the SC sits high on top of the engine...

BlownV8 12-05-2013 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by snooozie (Post 5865233)
without any pictures, it's just "talk" and I read a lot of "talk" in these threads. How long would you think Weistec will be done with your build? You have the 06 C55 right? Do you have to cut a new hood as the SC sits high on top of the engine...

I'd bet it sits in the engine valley just like the E55K and E63 supercharger systems.

Weistec 12-05-2013 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by M3RC3D3SE55AMG (Post 5861733)
Well what more can we do but ask the "great guys" at Weistec to provide us with the "service" they say they provide? :nix: It seems safer to stick to following the age old tale of "if you want a job doing, do it yourself".

Consequently, I'll be purchasing all the parts needed for my supercharger project, and fitting them in one go. I'll make sure I post in the project thread about the parts I acquire. The shopping list I have will see great gains for the N/A E55, and for a much lower cost than what the "well known tuners" charge according to my calculations. The fitting and tuning work will be done by a race build garage near to where I live, so couldn't be more confident with what the final result will be.

The garage has a Dyno, so all gains will be documented and shared too :)

We thank you for starting this thread, and we thank you for getting fellow forum members together to show interest in this.

Projects like this take quite a bit of time, and we understand people want answers to questions. Please don't mistake not being able to answer a question for not answering at all.

Let's get back to the fun stuff now. We have spent many months perfecting the M113 system and we have a much better understanding of the costs associated with installing our system on these engines. We will discuss this part more in detail so everyone can have a better understanding of this.

The foundation of this system is the existing M113K system we currently have for sale. The cost of this kit is $8,649 and can be seen at the link below.

http://weistec.com/m113ksc.html

The M113 system requires many parts that are not included in the M113K system. The following parts must be added to make this a functional system for the M113 platforms...

Bypass Valve Assembly
Complete Crank Pulley
OEM Crank Pulley Bolt
MAF Coupler Assembly
Heat Exchanger
Intercooler Water Pump
Intercooler Water Pump Bracket
Intercooler Water Pump Wiring and Relay System
Intercooler Reservoir
Intercooler Reservoir Bracket
EGR Block Off Plate
IAT Block Off Plate
MAP Sensor Block Off Plate
Weistec MAF Extender
8-rib Double Bearing Idler
Misc. Hoses and Fittings

Based on the fact that all these parts are needed and based on our experience, we feel the cost will be much higher than anticipated. To add fuel to the flame, each chassis has differentiation's in design for parts such as the intercooler water pump bracket, intercooler reservoir bracket, and possibly even the heat exchanger. As you all can imagine, we experienced this with our M156 supercharger systems.

Furthermore, we have noticed many variations in compression ratio's on these engines, and it is tough to decipher who has what. For example, forum member AMGSC has an M113K piston which drops the compression down considerably. This requires different tuning than those of you that stock compression. In order for us to sell a turnkey package (Which most of you should expect when spending the money) we need to be able to understand what engine number you have and correlate that to what piston part number, so on, and so forth. This becomes a very difficult task when it comes to proper tuning.

Since many of you have been modifying these cars, and have a trustworthy shop to install your parts, our thoughts at this point is to offer a "tuner" system. This will include the bare essentials to installing a 3.0L twin screw system on your car, and the extras will either have to purchased through us, or can be sourced elsewhere to complete the package. We will also include a base tune which will give tuners out there a big head start. Again, this isn't final, however we are leaning towards this idea.

Please let us know your thoughts since they are what drive us to design and manufacture great solutions for your AMG's. Thanks again to all of you.

We will also post this in the W203 section for those that are in that section.

Weistec Engineering

M3RC3D3SE55AMG 12-06-2013 03:13 PM

So what Weistec are basically saying is, we could have bought their 113K supercharger unit all along, and it's simply down to the plumbing. So we've been waiting all this time to be told that we can buy whichever supercharger we like (theirs if we so choose), have any good garage do the fitting, and ancillary parts can be sourced anywhere (or we can use Weistec's if we so choose) :rolf: I'm glad I'm taking matters into my own hands on my forced induction options. I'll be able to shop around and get all I need for a fraction of the sky high tuner prices :y I salute Weistec for their engineering skills and producing great kit for our cars, but they need to step up their PR, sales and marketing techniques Lol

AMGSC 12-06-2013 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I only speak from a customer's perspective but it not so easy to fabricate all these additional components and the prices are reasonable if you do a comparison to supercharger only kits. Plus you get a standard tune that matches the 3 litre blower. Don't underestimate the difficulty of building your own kit. Many have tried and failed or never even gotten off the ground.
It will also end up looking like a hack job compared to the OEM fit and finish of the Weistec components.

Take a look for yourself and tell me if the brackets, fittings, etc... can be home-made with better quality? They have their own machine shop, CAD-CAM and 3D printers to fabricate precision parts. The parts for the C55 has already been standardized. Of course the E55 NA parts may need a slightly different design.

Originally Posted by M3RC3D3SE55AMG (Post 5866665)
So what Weistec are basically saying is, we could have bought their 113K supercharger unit all along, and it's simply down to the plumbing. So we've been waiting all this time to be told that we can buy whichever supercharger we like (theirs if we so choose), have any good garage do the fitting, and ancillary parts can be sourced anywhere (or we can use Weistec's if we so choose) :rolf: I'm glad I'm taking matters into my own hands on my forced induction options. I'll be able to shop around and get all I need for a fraction of the sky high tuner prices :y I salute Weistec for their engineering skills and producing great kit for our cars, but they need to step up their PR, sales and marketing techniques Lol

M3RC3D3SE55AMG 12-06-2013 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by AMGSC (Post 5866826)
I only speak from a customer's perspective but it not so easy to fabricate all these additional components and the prices are reasonable if you do a comparison to supercharger only kits. Plus you get a standard tune that matches the 3 litre blower. Don't underestimate the difficulty of building your own kit. Many have tried and failed or never even gotten off the ground.
It will also end up looking like a hack job compared to the OEM fit and finish of the Weistec components.

Take a look for yourself and tell me if the brackets, fittings, etc... can be home-made with better quality? They have their own machine shop, CAD-CAM and 3D printers to fabricate precision parts. The parts for the C55 has already been standardized. Of course the E55 NA parts may need a slightly different design.

I agree with your points about fabrication and the difficulty some people may have putting a kit together if they have no experience. It's those people, yourself included obviously, who need companies such as Weistec to assist you in your endeavours. However, some of us, myself included, who have a good general knowledge of mechanics and fabrication, can outsource all we need quite easily.

You'll see what I mean when I compile my video/photo diary of my S/C modification :)

I wish you the best with your choices and hope you enjoy the new performance your kit coms with! :zoom:

Weistec 12-06-2013 08:08 PM

What is your goal with the car? There are many solutions out there that seem to work. It those who seek more power and reliability that come to us.

Either way the hard part of this is done which is designing, manufacturing, and testing. It is a matter of putting this package together to fit within the budget for those that are in the market. Let us know how we can help. We plan on updating this thread with detailed pictures and information on power soon. We are nearing the projects completion. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering

BlownV8 12-07-2013 12:33 AM

Why would you route the intake to the right side of the engine bay when that spot will necessitate the relocation on the windshield and headlight fluid reservoir? I'd like to see a picture of the new location for the reservoirs.

Strigoi 12-07-2013 02:21 AM

How much is this complete kit actually going to cost (ballpark)? Money isn't an issue, but I don't want to drop $12,000 on a supercharger for a car that's worth maybe $8,000 on a really good day.

cm60k 12-07-2013 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Strigoi (Post 5867271)
How much is this complete kit actually going to cost (ballpark)? Money isn't an issue, but I don't want to drop $12,000 on a supercharger for a car that's worth maybe $8,000 on a really good day.

+1....

ZAYED,,