W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers dorr won't lock

Old 11-14-2014, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 AMG E55
Drivers dorr won't lock

I had a problem with my pse motor burning up, so I bought same part# on ebay. During the time it was burn't up, I would use the express window down, and then manually push down to lock or pull up to unlock then roll the windows back up. This lasted for a week or sountil the new pse came in. Off a 2000 e430.

With the new pse motor soldered into the old pse unit, I can here the vacuum motor run when I try to operate the door locks, but they don't work. worse yet, when I try and manually lock the drivers door, the knob springs back to the top. Even with metal key in door, it wont let me lock it.

It's as if the door thinks it is open even when it is closed. The dome light does goes out after door is closed however.

Do I need a new door latch or actuator? or is there some easy fix?

Oh, and I think the pse needs to be version coded. I hit the truck release and the other 3 doors unlock! Any ideas on that?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 AMG E55
I solved my problem. in my haste to re connect the pse vacuum lines, I had the unit turned 180 degrees, so the vacuum lines were not properly connected. Turned the unit and reconnected the lines and all is well now. God is Good even when I am hasty and careless.