Sponsored by:

2002 E55 AMG - Tail Light, Front Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
2002 E55 AMG - Tail Light, Front Light

A few months ago, I got the dashboard alert of a bad lamp. I noticed it was my drivers side brake light. The plastic pin on the metal assembly with the three bulbs had popped off. I was able to clamp it back with a metal binder clamp and it worked for months. Occasionally it would slip off and I would just re-tighten it and be back in business. The last time I did this, it sparked. The brake light still works, but the tail light (the one while just driving with the lights on) no longer works. I bit the bullet and ordered and installed the whole rear light assembly thinking I had just worn it out. Upon installing the new one, the same problem exists, plus, I've also noticed that my front drivers side running light no longer works. It is not a bad bulb. It seems to be the entire drivers/left side of the running lights no longer work. Any ideas on where to go from here in terms of troubleshooting? Brake light and turn signal still function fine on the old and new assemblies - just the tail light. I checked fuses under the hood (driver side) and could not tell that anything was blown.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
It's the fuse thats on the side of your dash. Open drivers side door and pop off the cover with a mini screwdriver, key, paperclip, etc.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Thank you!

Thank you, that did the trick! I looked at all of the fuses under the hood and under the rear seat and somehow missed that ones were on the left side of the dash. Even then, it turned out to be the next to the last one I checked. After I replaced it, all is back to normal. I appreciate your help!