Electric seat, mirror and window fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E55 AMG
Electric seat, mirror and window fault

Hi

I have a very weird intermittent fault which I'm hoping someone could help me with.

Basically, the drivers seat, window and wing mirror stop working. Sometimes the same happens on the passenger side as well. Sometimes both sides stop working.

To get around the fault, I've been removing fuse 16 (under the bonnet) for a minute or two, which resets everything.

Today, though, the indicators also stopped working!

I have booked the car in to see if there are any fault codes, but I'm wondering if my pulling the fuse all the time wipes the code?

Any ideas what might be causing the fault
Old 02-08-2015, 09:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 E-55 AMG
If you are taking it in for trouble shooting, the next time something doesn't work, don;t pull the fuses.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,005 Likes on 781 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Even pulling the fuse the codes will be available as "stored codes".

Codes such as "hall effect sensor defective" can be caused by a bad solder joint to the motor on the circuit board.

Pull, clean, and reseat connectors. Then consider pulling the switch assembly out of the door to resolder all connections. Then look at resoldering all connections on each motor's circuit board. A cold or broken solder joint has a very distinctive appearance.

You mention indicators stopped working so I'd say it is time to take the car in and pull the codes. Sounds like multiple problems and you are just going to have to isolate and repair one at a time.

FWIW, after repairing my headrest motor circuit board, I had to reset the seat multiple times before the various motors (to include the mirror adjustment motor) functioned correctly.