Sponsored by:

01 and 99 E55 swapping parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 E55
01 and 99 E55 swapping parts

I did a search not finding much indetail other than bumpers, lights and nose panels which all require some mod to fit perfectly.

I am new to the MB world the W210 E55 is my 1st MB but I am not to the Euro Cars, I currently own a 01 E55 which I truly enjoy driving, the last car that gave me this much fun and carried my family in comfort was my 1993 audi S4, running all RS2 gear a ton of boost and two ecu chips and map sensor from MTM, my V70R daily just doesn't do it, unfortuantely I pulled the side skirts to find rust has taken over both running boards and lower area on front fenders, front shock towers are good and spring perches are good, I can weld both TIG and MIG and I do all my wrench work (shade tree of course), my problem is finding running boards in good condition or replacement panels overall.

The 99 E55... I have an oppurtunity to purchase with a motor that needs a rebuild, i'm not a fan of the dash, the tranny selector and the bumpers,

What can I swap from my 01.

plug and play additonal mods needed? I now the tiptronic tranny is not plug and play, the engine I know is pull out drop in, the cluster?, steering wheel? my two tone interior? rear shade?

Seems I am finding more and more 00 and 01 with rust issues, due to the side skirt mounting holes, I can't use just any running board pieces, so I thought buy a body in better condition swap my parts sell what I can to recoup spent funds, my car needs a paint job also so factor that in to my decision process........

Thanks...
Old 04-06-2015, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
4 matic
The AMG body kit from the 01 will fit on the 99 except for the front bumper. I had the sideskirts and rear bumper on my 98.

Maybe try to find a 01-02 e430 or 320 and swap your engine/tranny/body kit on to it.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 E55
Originally Posted by illest
The AMG body kit from the 01 will fit on the 99 except for the front bumper. I had the sideskirts and rear bumper on my 98.

Maybe try to find a 01-02 e430 or 320 and swap your engine/tranny/body kit on to it.
The Body kit is actually the least, I wanted my interior and tiptronic tranny. I like the slant back nose of the 01, 02 that part I know is hood fenders and bumper, my biggest concern was how indepth would I have to go in the wiring, regardless having both cars I don't want to have to strip my car to a shell to get all functionality.

Aren't there any good aftermarket places to get quality sheetmetal???:confus ed:
Old 04-07-2015, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
4 matic
To get all the facelift stuff to work on a 99 I think you would need to move alot of the wiring and controllers over from the 01.