1400 kilometers yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,005 Likes on 781 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
1400 kilometers yesterday

Even at 16-years old car this car is just a pleasure to drive long distances. Comfortable, quiet, smooth. Put the power to use several times to get around folks who seemed to have no clue how to drive a car or truck down the highway.

Monday, 1400 kilometers planned for the return trip.

Made a note to myself that the police force in Lordsburg, New Mexico, is particularly vigilant in patrolling their 65-mph speed limit. Vigilant as in four local police cars all had separate vehicles pulled over in the city limits as I drove through.

Returned Monday. Best mileage: 24.9 mpg between Sierra Vista, AZ, and Las Cruces, NM. Average mileage: 23.4 mpg overall. Avg speed 69.7 mph and that included two border patrol checkpoints and several construction zones. West Texas speed limits or 80 mph are great.

Only one incident where some fool in a compact car traveling approx 40 mph pulled 2/3rds of the way into the left lane on a downhill curve around Kerrville where the speed limit is 75 mph. Ended up hard on the brakes and had to dodge right to get around the car. At least the three cars in trail behind me didn't run me or the other car down.

The W210 is one sweet-cruising car. Didn't miss a beat.

Last edited by bbirdwell; 09-03-2015 at 01:58 PM. Reason: update