Sponsored by:

Multi-Contour Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 08:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e55 amg
Multi-Contour Seats

Hi All, so I picked up my E55 last night and it has 2 issues i'd like to try and resolve. First is the oxygen sensor which is pretty straight forward.

2nd is the dynamic seats. Both seats do not work. I have searched here and other forums to no avail.

As far as i understand the pump that runs the door lucks also runs the seats. (please correct me if i', wrong).
There is a single line form the pump to a T fitting underneath the center armrest.
I removed both control panels next to the seats w/ the car running and am not getting any air pressure there.

I also do not hear any hissing anywhere. I'm now stumped. What else can I check?
Old 03-17-2016, 11:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2002 E55 AMG Obsidian Black with Charcoal
Do your door locks work? Does your fuel filler door lock with the remote?

Remove the rear seat.
Passenger side, outboard of the battery, there is a padded rectangular cube. The PSE pump is housed inside that.
More then likely, the foam is already ripped open from some past mechanic.
Determine if the PSE pump works.

Car off, key out of ignition. Quite area.
Turn the key to the #2 position (not starting the car). Can you hear the PSE pump turn on? Do you hear air leaking from the front seats?

PSE is working: One of the plastic tubes goes to the front seats. You can find which one.
Disconnect it, if you have access to an air compressor then you can test the lines for the front seats. Gentle, low pressure to see if the front seats are getting air pressure. More then likely, one or more of the air bags in the seats are leaking and the PSE pump works, tries to fill, then shuts down the process.

Fix: Disassemble the front seats. Locate and repair the leaks (usually) the air bags, or replace with new ones.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e55 amg
I took the seat backs off and both sides had a line disconnected which I reconnected.

I took the control piece off next to the seat and turned the car on and noticed no air pressure at any of the lines.

My door locks, trunk lock, and gas cap lock all work with the key fob. I also checked the pump, and it does run.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
cudiaz has a good follow up for testing.

A battery reset might be required for pump initialization. In some cases a star connection reset will restart the pump.

Cheers