updating comand to kenwood lots of questions bluetooth, sirus, backup camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 06:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 E55
updating comand to kenwood lots of questions bluetooth, sirus, backup camera

Hi everyone,

I've been doing lots of searches but still have lots of questions and I can't seem to find answers. Could you please help? Also if you have pics regarding what you have done that would be awesome.

Basically I have a 2001 E55 and I want to updgrade my comand to a new kenwood unit. With Sirus, bluetooth and a backup camera.

1. Our cars have 8 speakers, does my new system need to have 8 speaker outputs?

2. I really do not want to do any modifications to the amp setup, am I using preamp outputs?

3. I would like to use the bluetooth feature, are these cars prewired for a microphone? I can see right near my SOS button/light by the rearview mirror is the mic in there? Can I use that wire?

4. I would like to hook up sirus radio, anyway I can use the antena for the comand gps antena? Anyway to tap into that? I do not plan on having navigation with the unit I am getting.

5. I would like to hook up a backup camera, I would like it to look as clean as possible and would love to see some pics of peoples aftermarket cameras and mounting positions. I was thinking about going with either the kenwood CMOS 230 or the crux cul-06

6. Price is a factor for me so I have decided to go with the Kenwood DDX773BH. It is $399 at crutchfield with free wire harness adaptor. I'll attach the image. Here are the specs...

DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
6.95" touchscreen with variable color button illumination
6-step motorized tilt-angle display
built-in HD Radio tuner
fits double-DIN dash openings
Smartphone Features:

built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
built-in music control and rapid charging of select Android devices using the USB connection
Pandora control with iPhone and Android
built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
Audio/Video Features:

plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
loudness and bass boost controls
Expandability:

compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input, front- and rear-view camera inputs
outputs: rear video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other Information:

compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
works with iDataLink Maestro module to retain Ford SYNC, GM OnStar, Chrysler Uconnect, and VW media center

Thanks for your help!!!!
Attached Thumbnails updating comand to kenwood lots of questions bluetooth, sirus, backup camera-kenwood-1.jpg   updating comand to kenwood lots of questions bluetooth, sirus, backup camera-kenwood-2.jpg   updating comand to kenwood lots of questions bluetooth, sirus, backup camera-wire-adapter.jpeg   updating comand to kenwood lots of questions bluetooth, sirus, backup camera-kenwood-backup-camera.jpg   updating comand to kenwood lots of questions bluetooth, sirus, backup camera-crux-cul-06-backup-camera.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
wire adapter specs.PDF (91.7 KB, 125 views)
Old 04-21-2016, 05:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 E430, 2002 ML55
http://www.fitzhughmedia.com/MBF/headunit2.html

This is a good web link to get you going! I also have the PAC adapters as well that I'm not using and which I think are already spliced to work with the Audio 10 unit. Think the Command unit had similar plugs on rear. I didn't install the steering wheels controls tho but I have the converter brand new in box.

You can PM me if you want some pictures.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 E55
Hi SerbNerd,

I sent you a PM.

They are not making the OEM2 unit anymore. I called PAC and one of the techs said he was not even sure that I needed it anymore. He suggested trying to hook up the system without it? He said if there is some distortion call him back he may have a solution? He also suggested instead of using the SWI RC and SWI CAN2 that I should try out the SWI CP5 which should replace the other two units, even though on PACs website it says it does not work with my car. He sent me some file to try to set it up. I will let everyone know what I find out when I start the install.

Thanks,