Sponsored by:

Koni yellow update.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 e55 amg
Koni yellow update.

Been away for sometime. I apologize for never getting back after the install.
I had some trouble installing the shocks using the aftermarket bilstien shock covers and bushings. The new konis would not tighten down enough. It would have play when I bounce the car. The bushings on the aftermarket shocks were thinner then oe bushings. I had to order new oe bushings and it did the job. Also the shock covers were a bit different. The oe shock covers don't allow too much tread to go up into the mount allowing it to tighten easily. I did not have oe shock covers but the bushings alone did the job. Also got the vogtland springs installed. On #3 pads. The rear sits lower than the front. The front is at a perfect height for me. I will bump up the rear to a #4 I would go to a number 5 but can't seem to find them for the rear. Do they not make them?

My car was previously on eibachs and bilstien shocks on #3 pads. The front Sat so low the tire was in the wheel well. Turned out there was 1 coil broken off the front springs. Sitting there in the lower control arm.

I cannot compare the ride to a stock e55 because I never rode in a stock suspension e55. The rodes in my area are fairly good. I have the shocks half way between stiff and soft and it does not feel to ruff at all. Besides the rear a bit low I love the set up. Handles great.

I have my car up for sale right now. Which sucks. But I can use the money right now. I will post another tread with info.
Has koni yellows, vogtland springs, brand new tires, rear adjustable camber arms. Kleemann headers, downpipes, xpipe. Also have an eisenmann race for an extra cost.
Will post another tread for it. And will also post pics of the car with the new suspension set up.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 E55 AMG W210
Loni Yellow Update

Hi, did you sell the car? i like your mods, those are everything I'd like to do..
The following users liked this post:
turbo1k (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 10:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2001 S430 AMG Package
How much for esseinman exhaust. Cash on hand