Sponsored by:

New member with electrical issue.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 560sl, 2001 E55AMG, 2002 CLK320
New member with electrical issue.

I have several Mercedes but my 2001 E55 is my newest. Since getting it I have replaced the pixelated led displays, replaced the black trim along the lower door frames and replaced all the rear thrust arms and rear control arm bushings. I'm waiting on my shocks to come in and to purchase the rear subframe removal tool to put in the bushings I have already. I have one vexing issue I'd love some help with. My interior lights stay on after getting in or out of the car and the lights under the passenger side doors stay lit all the time. The doors lock with the key fob but the lights don't blink. I checked continuity through the switches for the doors and they work as they should but they don't turn the lights off when manually pushing them or when closing the door. The driver's side works. I'm going to swap switches from one side to the other to see what happens but wondering is this a possible pse issue as my trunk won't unlock via the key fob or console switch unless I disconnect and reconnect the wires to the pse then it works a few times before stopping again. Any thoughts are appreciated. Paul
Old 02-09-2018, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
2001 E55 OMG
The PSE is a possibility. The PSE seems to be linked to the interior (rear) lights, alarm (lights/siren) and obviously locks. I had a problem with mine but was only related to the pump. Yours might be electrical board related located inside the PSE. Buy the same part number on your pump and good luck with fleabay if you determine that is your issue. It took a few purchases before I found one that worked. Only buy with return period. I had to have mine reprogrammed with Star to make sure all the settings were reprogrammed as before.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 560sl, 2001 E55AMG, 2002 CLK320
Thank you for your response. I've been looking at some electrical schematics and it seems the lights go directly to the pse. I actually swapped the door switches and the passenger side switches work normally on the driver's and the driver's side switches don't on the left. The switches ground under the passenger seat so I'm going to check wiring to the ground then to the pse as best I can. I know the trunk switch, key fob and push button all worked after I played with the plugs at the pse but then quit again so I'm sure it plays a role but it's the cost of replacement that's the issue. I will though buy new not used as soon as I can afford to. Will post more if I have new information.