Dealership Monkeys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
1991 964 Turbo, 2002 Black E55, 2002 Black E55 " The Beast"- 2014 E63s
Dealership Monkeys

Few weeks ago out of no where, my passenger side wheel bearing locked up ended up requiring a new knuckle/hat and all that. Indy told me the driver side looked great but the passenger side had no grease what so ever.

Fast forward, couple of weeks later, noticed car not treading right and on further look-up, realized the front tires are different than the rears.

While reviewing the Carfax, I noticed the Mercedes dealership that serviced the car, replaced 2 tires and serviced the bearings on the same visit. Do I not have a reason to be upset with the dealership screwing the customer by not appropriately servicing the bearings and for replacing the wrong tires?

This exactly is the reason why I avoid these monkeys unless until I have no other choice. On a side note, another Mercedes dealership who did the PPI, was super detailed about every thing including the tires condition and tread wear but forgot to notice the 2 different style tires. The fronts are regular and the rears are directional with different tread designs...Go figure

Just after paying $1500 for the repair and now I need to order 2 new tires