Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With CELs

Old 02-21-2019, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Help With CELs

Hey guys, I was driving on the highway and the car randomly threw a CEL. Got home and scanned them, turned out to be 8 different CELs. Exhaust has no discoloration, but there is a slightly sweetish smell if you get close to it. I suspect it could be the secondary cats, car has 192k miles and they have never been replaced. Also may be the O2 sensors? Any concrete help regarding what could be causing the CELs will be appreciated. I don't mind taking it to the dealer if we are unable to figure this out, but would rather save the $200 diagnostic fee, as even the dealer isn't always spot on. Oh, and the evaporative control valve was replaced without any results. These are from a generic scanner: P0410 Secondary Air Injection System, P0412 Secondary Air Injection Switching Valve A Circuit, P0443 Ecaporative emission system purge control valve circuit, P0403 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit, P0135 O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1), P0141 O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 2). Scanner showed two readings of the last code.