W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

E55 wagon sway bar w/ SLS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2019 | 12:17 AM

S210 E55T AMG 2001 Black
E55 wagon sway bar w/ SLS

Been a while since I posted after importing my wife's "minivan" in 2015. 4 years and 50,000k its been fantastic, and my daughter, now 4, loves riding in the rear facing bench.

However, putting on the snow tires yesterday and found aftermarket rear sway bar snapped.

No markings on the bar, but it is hollow and painted an electric purpulish blue. It has a tab welded on it for SLS bracket, and it has special non OEM aluminum sway bushing brackets. It broke sooo....

I can't seem to find a different part number between wagon and sedan sway bars. I will assume I can use sedan one (with the wagon links). H&R sells rear aftermarket ones for 180.

I am leaning towards OEM AMG rear sway ($60), plus the OEM brackets and bushings. Looks like stock is a u clamp to hold SLS rather than welded tab.

If anyone has insight before I order and begin, let me know. FYI, drives suprisingly fine without it. We have an tight off camber turn into our driveway, which the car can take and remain on all 4 wheels now. Probably related...

Old 11-11-2019 | 09:18 AM

C43 AMG with a tune up
Everything about the w210 rusts like crap rot.
Buy a new swaybar and be happy with it.
Best thing is to seal your car with underbody wax before it's too late.