W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

Another BT thread for the W210...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2021 | 04:56 PM

A4
Another BT thread for the W210...

So Ive been searching for a while, and it seems surprisingly, Ive only come upon a few options for this. My car has comand/cd changer with fiber optics. Im surprised that there seems to be no plug and play kit currently available. Ideally, Id just swap the cd changer for the module and a BT 30 pin adapter if necessary. This is my normal go to, with no hiccups. However it seems there is no plug and play kit to do this. All thats left is the Aux, I have a 30pin aux cable already, but theres no power to the aux cable obviously. So somehow power needs to be added if thats possible. I did buy a BT dongle on the cheap that needs be be spliced into the C2 connector to function, its either that, or get a chargeable module that plugs into the Aux in the glove box. My only issue with the aux, is the minor inconvenience of having to adjust the sound settings each time I get in. Anyone have advice for this??

Thanks always for any input.

Matt.
Old 09-09-2021 | 10:33 AM

1999 E55
Originally Posted by broham
So Ive been searching for a while, and it seems surprisingly, Ive only come upon a few options for this. My car has comand/cd changer with fiber optics. Im surprised that there seems to be no plug and play kit currently available. Ideally, Id just swap the cd changer for the module and a BT 30 pin adapter if necessary. This is my normal go to, with no hiccups. However it seems there is no plug and play kit to do this. All thats left is the Aux, I have a 30pin aux cable already, but theres no power to the aux cable obviously. So somehow power needs to be added if thats possible. I did buy a BT dongle on the cheap that needs be be spliced into the C2 connector to function, its either that, or get a chargeable module that plugs into the Aux in the glove box. My only issue with the aux, is the minor inconvenience of having to adjust the sound settings each time I get in. Anyone have advice for this??

Thanks always for any input.

Matt.
I faced the same issue, just got a 1999 E55 and searching for BT option. I want to keep stock unit for clean value look, my car didn't even have AUX option, and I don't want to do too much wiring hacks so I went ahead bought the modified Becker stock replacement radio unit ON eBay that is same as the one in my car now but is internally modified and hacked with BT function replacing the tape button.

Waiting to receive in the mail so can't say my experience yet.
Old 09-11-2021 | 07:18 AM

00 ML55, 00' E55, 03' CLK55
Easiest way is to use an aux Bluetooth adapter. You will need USB power so plug in a phone charger/USB adapter into cigarette lighter. They make battery powered ones too which would hide wiring. You turn it on once when you get in and have great quality sound from streaming. Had this setup on w211. But yea the aux function was primitive and annoying to adjust. That or an android w210 unit.
Old 09-11-2021 | 02:59 PM

1999 E55
BTootion W210

Originally Posted by 6spd
Easiest way is to use an aux Bluetooth adapter. You will need USB power so plug in a phone charger/USB adapter into cigarette lighter. They make battery powered ones too which would hide wiring. You turn it on once when you get in and have great quality sound from streaming. Had this setup on w211. But yea the aux function was primitive and annoying to adjust. That or an android w210 unit.
Thank you for your suggestion but I don't have AUX output option on the car, so to go with cleaner look I went with the original deck hack mod that has built in BT module to replace the TAPE function into the stock radio, will get the unit next week in the mail and report back.
Old 09-14-2021 | 08:22 PM

1999 E55
BT options W210

Got the Becker radio deck modified with BT module in the mail today. Straight forward install and now I have BT working with my phone while keeping the classic look and equipment that goes with the car. Highly recommended.

Out with the old

In with the new, can't even tell the difference.
Old 09-16-2021 | 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 OMG
Cost? Who was the eBay seller?
Old 09-16-2021 | 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Becker Autosound LLC in Saddle Brook, NJ, is the authorized Becker radio repair shop in the USA. 201-773-0976. https://www.beckerautosound.com/
They charged me $125 to add BlueTooth to my Becker radio out of my '99 E55. My radio was already in for repair of the volume control so I requested the BlueTooth feature be added. Gut a cassette tape shell, insert into the cassette player, select Cassette on the radio control panel, and connect your streaming music to it. Note this is not for telephone use, only streaming music.

You'll need a set of these keys to remove the radio...

I seem to remember needing to remove the ashtray and the flip-up storage tray; in my case I removed the ashtray first and then reached in and behind/over the storage tray to release the catch located on the center top:

Old 09-18-2021 | 05:11 PM

2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE

I have the standard radio and this is what I use and It works to hear the phone in the speakers. I mostly use the one with cable because the sound quality is better than BT. The only thing is that you have to trick the system to believe the cassette cover is closed. If you're looking at the system with the cassette cover open you will see a small gap with a white pin. I used a small piece from an eraser to push that pin so the system doesn't make noise because of the cover open.
Old 09-19-2021 | 04:33 PM

A4
So I got around to it finally and got everything up and running. With some rigging, it looks factory and functional. Only caveat is the issue I stated before with having to always adjust the aux sound settings each time, and I have some alternator whine from time to time, but I ordered an isolator to hopefully combat that problem. As others have stated, only for streaming music, but Im happy with it. I had to use two usb cigarette adapters to route up another usb into the glove box to tie in the power for the BT adapter, and also keep functionality for charging power to devices via the cigarette lighter. The one I opted for is great since it shows the live voltage. Helps for peace of mind since I had some battery woes after I got the car. Pics attached.