W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

Multi-Contour Seats Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2022 | 05:29 PM

01 E55 Wagon, 00 Renault Clio 172, 03 4Runner V8
Multi-Contour Seats Issue

Hey Everyone,

I've gone through a bunch of threads (here and elsewhere) to sort out my multi-contour seats. I've got an 01 w210 e55 wagon (Japanese import). I put together a Google doc with a bunch of info I pulled, including pics from other threads. If its useful to someone, check it out here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XThn9CuFA/edit

Before today, on startup I'd get the 20-30 seconds where the drivers seat would inflate and then deflate as the pump shut off. It appeared the passenger seat wasn't working at all or barely, and there was an air hiss from the passenger seat that has gone away in the past few months. Over time, the drivers seat thigh extender air bladder has stopped working completely, during those 20-30 seconds.

I finally got around to pulling the controls off today to check on the nipples and connections. I tried sealing them up with some grease fix, but that hasn't appear to do anything. There are a couple of the nipples that appear warped/broken (check out the pic).

When I re-installed the controls, now I have a hissing noise coming from both the front seats, when I move the thigh extender control (see the video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EeK...ew?usp=sharing).

My question is, does this mean I need to replace:
1. the controls/valve cover?
2. The rivets that fit into the metal bracket, where the controls/control valve connects to? On the diagrams in the google doc these seem to be part code N007337 003004, does anyone know if that's correct?
3. The air bladders in the thigh extenders on the both of the seats (these seems to be the biggest failure point for the air bladders)

Or all of them? Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

The 2 rear connections, on both seats, look like this.
Old 09-08-2022 | 01:26 PM

2013 CL 63, 2002 E 55, 04 Jaguar XJ8, 66 Jaguar XKE
My experience is with a CL but it acted similar. It would turn on, try to do whatever inflation thing for which you had it set and then shut off. It was a connector that had cracked. I was able to repair it with some gasket repair goo. It has held for now.
Obviously the compressor shuts off after a time to keep from over-heating. I would focus on fixing the leaking components and see if the system will hold pressure. I do not know about part numbers.
Hope that helps a little.
Old 09-08-2022 | 01:44 PM

01 E55 Wagon, 00 Renault Clio 172, 03 4Runner V8
Any information or extra data points are much appreciated!