Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG, 99
you welcome

Originally posted by mac2001
Abdul, Thanks for telling us the news of your mishap. You were not hurt at all?

I own a 2001 E55, so I understand the frequent temptation to drive over the "limit".

Just curious, is there a race track in Dubai where you can screw around?

Hope you can put your insurance money to good use, like another E55!
actually i have some injuries but not that serioues, but i can walk, go and come normaly.
the problem was than the traction (ESP) was off because i was racing an M3 and i beat him by the way
about the racing track i hope we had one over here, at least we wont have such a serieos accidents like mine because a lot of people are crazy of racing over here and they cant practice it any where legally. this is the biggest problem.
Old 05-28-2002, 12:32 PM

E class, S class, Toyota Supra twin turbo, Mazda Miata, Toyota Land Cruiser
You were driving 180kph without a seatbelt on and rolled over and still lived to tell about it?
Two things. One, Mercedes makes very safe cars indeed. And second, you ought to know better than to drive without a seatbelt on.
I am glad you made it.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Abdul,

First off, thank God you are alright, cars are only material items, your personal safety is of primary concern and Mercedes cars tend to that as well as aesthetics and functionality.

Second, whether or not the seatbelts are on, the car DOES know. I have a CLK430 and if you don't have your seatbelt on when you turn the car on, it will keep beeping for a few seconds. If you have your seatbelt on, it won't beep when you turn the car on. Just something I noticed, that the car does indeed know if you have your seatbelt on or not.

Third, thanks for the pics, makes the rest of us wonder. Just the other night I was in my CLK430 and I was with an E55 in and out of traffic. Teaches the rest of us a lesson.

El-hamdu-lilah (thank God in Arabic) you were alright,
Old 05-28-2002, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes | Bmw | Audi
Great to see u allrite ... im still amazed at the crash.. never seen a MB so badly done besides this old S class i'd seein lying somewhere in junk yards... Still i guess what others said earlier is a nice option W211 E class.. " im sure the dealer there will have it soon... U.A.E is a major market for MB ive seen tons fast MB's when i was in dubai few months ago..
Still good to see u are alive n safe
Old 05-28-2002, 08:23 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
holy moly...look what happened to your car ...man....no more street racing for you ......just glad you are okay...

you can always replace the car but you can never replace a life.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG, 99
Thanks all

Thank you all again for your nice words, i hope all of you took a good lesson that any ones life can go in a blink ! it is always good to take care and think several times before any action.
the dealer in dubai allready have the W211 , just two days ago i'v seen the new E55, but i think it was an E500 with AMG kit only beause the new E55 is not in the market yet.
As FrankW said, no more street racing "till i forget some of what happend to me lol "
thanks god for being with me.
Old 06-15-2002, 01:21 PM

I'm sorry for being honest, but driving 180kp/h without seatbelt on is an indicator for the total lack of brains. there is just no excuse.
in my opinion someone deserves a car like the E55 only if he is mature enough for it.
Old 06-17-2002, 05:40 PM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG, 99
! !

Originally posted by E.Carter
I'm sorry for being honest, but driving 180kp/h without seatbelt on is an indicator for the total lack of brains. there is just no excuse.
in my opinion someone deserves a car like the E55 only if he is mature enough for it.
insted of saying such words like lack of brains and mature enough which are in you, not me. you can say thanks god this time and learn from what happend ... baby Carter
Old 06-18-2002, 01:43 AM
Almost a Member!

Abdul; that looked nasty but hey you are still around to talk about it right? Whats next on the shopping list?
Old 06-18-2002, 04:31 AM

MB C200K (W202), MB 190E (W201), MB A140 (W168)
Re: ! !

Originally posted by jawhara1
insted of saying such words like lack of brains and mature enough which are in you, not me. you can say thanks god this time and learn from what happend ... baby Carter
Abdul, thank God you are alright! And thank God you were driving a Mercedes-Benz. But additional Carter caught it right!! 180 km/h with no seatbelt is kind of suicide - I hope you'll never again forget fasten your seatbelt!
Old 06-20-2002, 10:51 AM

Abdul, i was wondering if your post was meant serious - until i took a look at your profile and saw your birthday. that explains.

i know plenty of people in your age who crashed with this 'less thinking - more speed'-attitude. and they all drove cars with far less under the hood.
in one instance i nearly got killed myself while beeing a passenger of one of those id**ts.

crashing at 180kph and then saying 'hey, thats my way of learning' is just plain ridiculous. do you think you are very intelligent, when you die in one of your 'lessons' ? why not just think before doing something wrong.

consider yourself very luky beeing able to afford an E55 in your age. why waste this life for one stupid stunt?
Old 06-20-2002, 08:58 PM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG, 99
listen

Originally posted by E.Carter
Abdul, i was wondering if your post was meant serious - until i took a look at your profile and saw your birthday. that explains.

i know plenty of people in your age who crashed with this 'less thinking - more speed'-attitude. and they all drove cars with far less under the hood.
in one instance i nearly got killed myself while beeing a passenger of one of those id**ts.

crashing at 180kph and then saying 'hey, thats my way of learning' is just plain ridiculous. do you think you are very intelligent, when you die in one of your 'lessons' ? why not just think before doing something wrong.

consider yourself very luky beeing able to afford an E55 in your age. why waste this life for one stupid stunt?
i'v never said that i am intelligent or its not my fault, i said that its my fault and i should learn from what happend, is what happend a video to reverse the tape and think before i drove my car at 180 kph but this time go 80 kph !! Duuuhh what happend is finished and i started a new life now with more advanced thoughs and experince.
allways start from now and make advantage of what happend buddy.... hope you understood what im trying to explain for you !
Old 06-20-2002, 09:00 PM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG, 99
Re: Re: ! !

Originally posted by HdS500
jawhara1,
What are you getting to replace the E55?
Thaks for saying alhamdulilah -thanks god- not like others my next car might be an BMW X5 or Audi S8 . not confirmed yet.