W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedtuning Chip and Renntech pulley update.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Speedtuning Chip and Renntech pulley update.

Got this set up done on my CL55 yesterday. Oliver came out from the beginning stating that his program runs rich because it was initially designed to go with a pulley.

Anyway, once the pulley was put on (Oliver commented on how good the quality and workmanship of the Renntech pulley was) and the ECU reprogrammed, we took her out for a spin.

As I expected, the throttle response was great (ala my E55 with ECU and pulley) and car kept breaking traction at 40MPH. However, the biggest difference I noticed is that Speedtuning's programming has a smoother curve than Renntech's. I don't have a dyno to prove it, but when my E55 had the Renntech ECU and pulley, I noticed a big "jerk" from 1800ish RMP to about 2K RMP before the curve got smooth. With Speedtuning program, I didn't notice that at all. As for power, we'll have to see once I throw her on the dyno.

On my E55 with ECU and pulley from Renntech and K&N, I put down 460RWP and 520RWTQ on a Dynojet (can't remember which model Dynojet).

I will try to schedule a dyno run after I hit 1000 miles on my CL55 (currently high 800's...I know I'm not breaking her in properly at all, but damn, 1K just seems so long). I'll put on the K&N and give her a go.

Oliver stated that once I get headers whether EVO, Kleemann, or Renntech (my preference is Renntech due to quality I've experienced, I'm sure they're all great) but I will probably end up with EVO since Renntech is so backlogged on these headers, he will redo my ECU. Kleemann would be a great choice but I"m not all that crazy about cutting and welding anything.

I normally would have sent my ECU to Renntech but Oliver was local to me and for '$350 how the heck do you beat that. I wasn't that concerned about the programming since I'm sure they all are very similar.

The EVO cooling upgrade def. has gotten my attention, so I will shoot for that after the headers.

Will post more updates afer dyno run.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
I got Oliver's upgraded chip about a year ago...wish i had done a pre/post dyno run but got 401rwhp/439rwtq post chip. I didn't seem to notice too much of a difference with the butt dyno. I will go back for a refresh when I get the pulley and headers.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:07 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by e55 baller
I got Oliver's upgraded chip about a year ago...wish i had done a pre/post dyno run but got 401rwhp/439rwtq post chip. I didn't seem to notice too much of a difference with the butt dyno. I will go back for a refresh when I get the pulley and headers.
I'm going up again, maybe tomorrow. Spoke to him and he stated that he will fix the "running rich" issue.

Are you in the DC area too?
Old 03-15-2005, 09:21 AM

'10 E63
Originally Posted by e55 baller
Don't most W211 E55's dyno around 420 rwhp stock? You're right about the pre-chip dyno, because it's the only way you can be sure you gained anything (or worse, didn't lose anything).
Old 08-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Edit: Never mind
Old 08-10-2005, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
how much was the renn tech pulley and please can you tell me the diameter they upgrade to? i too have gone to oliver with good results.
thanks
Old 08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I guess noone listens to me. IF you go to Oliver, TELL HIM YOU WANT IN ON THE BENZ GROUP BUY TO GET A DISCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess noone, wants to save money.