Sponsored by:

Dyno'ed CL55 today...Speedtunnig update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Dyno'ed CL55 today...Speedtunnig update

Car ran 432RWHP abnd 499RWTQ with Renntech pulley and Speedtunning chip.

I recall on my E55 with pulley and ECU, car ran 446RWHP. (Before K&N Filter).

One thing that we noticed (actually I noticed as I was drving cuz car started to reek) the programming is running very rich, even with pulley. I knew their program was going to be rich if no pulley was used but this is running too rich for the car. For $350 I guess it's a cheap mod. I will call Oliver and see if he can correct it, if not, off to Renntech the ECU goes.

It's as if the pulley had no power gains with this ECU setup. If I recall Jakpro gained like 20RWHP with Oliver's chip and he had no pulley. So assuming our cars put down 410 at the wheel, I assume that the 20HP gain was only ECU and the pullley had no effect.

I'm getting custom Y pipes and high flow cats made so we'll see if this helps any.

BTW, the CL doesn't sound as "mean" as the E55 I noticed...I don't know, bigger resonators in the CL?
Old 03-12-2005, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by E55_POWER
Car ran 432RWHP abnd 499RWTQ with Renntech pulley and Speedtunning chip.

I recall on my E55 with pulley and ECU, car ran 446RWHP. (Before K&N Filter).

One thing that we noticed (actually I noticed as I was drving cuz car started to reek) the programming is running very rich, even with pulley. I knew their program was going to be rich if no pulley was used but this is running too rich for the car. For $350 I guess it's a cheap mod. I will call Oliver and see if he can correct it, if not, off to Renntech the ECU goes.

It's as if the pulley had no power gains with this ECU setup. If I recall Jakpro gained like 20RWHP with Oliver's chip and he had no pulley. So assuming our cars put down 410 at the wheel, I assume that the 20HP gain was only ECU and the pullley had no effect.

I'm getting custom Y pipes and high flow cats made so we'll see if this helps any.

BTW, the CL doesn't sound as "mean" as the E55 I noticed...I don't know, bigger resonators in the CL?
Thast odd my E makes almost no sound while all the CL55's i have seen are far lounder. The SL is the loudest (love that sound) but the E55 is by far the quietest IMHO.