W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So there are no tires as soft as Drag Rad's??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
The PS2 is a better all around tire then the "KDW2". If you are looking for the best dry only "street" tire, the "KD" is it, as denoted by its designation as Key purpose Dry, not Key purpose Dry and Wet. I chose the PS2 becasue it does rain here.

Originally Posted by vrus
I've been trying to decide what to do with tires on my new 19" wheels that will be arriving soon.

I was comparing the BFG G-Force T/A KDW2 to the Michelin PS2.. Surprisingly the stats show the PS2 is a better handling tire?? But, the KDW has an XL load rating while the PS2 doesnt.

Here is the info on the 2:

(Left: PS2 275/30YR19 Right: BFG 275/30YR19)
SPEED RATING YR YR
HANDLING RATING 9.20 9.10
DRY TRACTION 9.5 9.4
WET TRACTION 8.9 8.8
RIDE COMFORT 8.6 8.1
NOISE COMFORT 8.6 6.9
WEAR 7.6 7.9
TREADWEAR RATING 220 300
TRACTION RATING AA AA
TEMPERATURE RATING A A
Old 03-16-2005, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Guys on the Vette forum have great things to say about Nitto 555R II's. They have a drag tread and compound, but stiff sidewalls. I was so close to buying them for my Z06 before I sold it.

From Tires.com - unique fusion of stiff sidewall construction and Nitto's popular Extreme Drag Radial tread design makes the new NT555RII an exceptional road course performer. Add to that its specially formulated soft compound, and you get a competition radial that exhibits impressive control and handling during severe lateral acceleration. Although the NT555RII is street legal, the tire's construction will offer a rougher ride when used for daily driving.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by enzom
Guys on the Vette forum have great things to say about Nitto 555R II's. They have a drag tread and compound, but stiff sidewalls. I was so close to buying them for my Z06 before I sold it.

From Tires.com - unique fusion of stiff sidewall construction and Nitto's popular Extreme Drag Radial tread design makes the new NT555RII an exceptional road course performer. Add to that its specially formulated soft compound, and you get a competition radial that exhibits impressive control and handling during severe lateral acceleration. Although the NT555RII is street legal, the tire's construction will offer a rougher ride when used for daily driving.
I ran a set of the Nitto 555R drag radials on my Vette for over a year in all kinds of wet & dry weather. Never a problem in the wet (even light snow!), lots of traction in the in the dry. Not quite as grippy as BFG Drag Radials at the track, but a great combo for all-around street/strip use. Obviously no auto-x tire, but the lateral grip surprised me - gentle breakaway at the limit, never squirrelly.

The 555RII looks impressive, although it's hard to be a champ at everything without a few compromises thrown in. Firsthand feedback anyone?