Sponsored by:

For Gid-e-up:what's ur expected ET?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
For Gid-e-up:what's ur expected ET?

Hi, first I would like to introduce myself. I just sold off my highly tuned Nissan Skyline GTR as I have just been blessed with my first child, plus driving a highly tuned turbocharged car with twin-plate clutch, racing cams, hard suspension and noisy exhaust was getting more and more unpleasant. So I've been researching for a smooth 4-door European car, with comfort in mind but some power too for highway cruising and the occasional blast.
What I found was that basically, for the aforementioned purposes, no 4 door car touches the Kleemann tuned E55 though bone stock, arguably the new M5 matches and in some instances surpasses the E55 AMG.
The amazing E55 K3 produces unmatched performance aided by Kleemann's LSD system, and it's accel. figures put many outright supercars to shame.

I first saw Gid-e-up's car at the Kleemann.dk website. It's exactly the same setup I hope to get.

Gid, what ET would u expect given the same conditions as Derek (ie. same tyres, conditions, and assuming same driving performance) ?
How much difference do you expect the extra 50bhp would make considering Derek produced an amazing 11.659''?

I would appreciate input from all forumers esp. Gid, Derek, jakpro etc.

Kind thanks.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Congrats on the baby. I don't think that the differences in stage 2 and 3 will make that much of a difference. My understanding is that the stock exhaust is pretty efficient and that the cams only add like 17 hp. If GidEUp gets it right with some good launching practice, I think he should be able to break 11.6.

I've heard of a Stage 3 guy in the NE who is a professional driver who has gotten an 11.4 but do not have confirmation. There is an 11.5 guy with nothing but nitrous and DR's.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:40 AM

2005 Kleemann Stage 3 E55
Agree with Derek's comments above.

I am looking into additional mods from a tuner that is new to the industry. I think I should be able to get into the high tens. see link

http://space.balettie.com/Shuttle/SRB.html

Speed should be somewhere in the 700-800 mph at the 1/4
Old 03-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Gid_E_Up

I am looking into additional mods from a tuner that is new to the industry. I think I should be able to get into the high tens. see link

Old 03-16-2005, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Possible future post...

Darn mods keep falling off...

Hi guys, everytime I hit the button and ignite the Stage One Mod, it runs fine for a minute or so, then some loud BANG, and it separates from the car. I spend the rest of the day trying to drive around trying to find the darn things.....then load on the truck and off to the shop to reattach. They keep telling me this is normal and I am really frustrated.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Sorry, I got giddy for a sec gobiz.

First thing you have to do is check your heart and wallet. This has been a source of great debate on the forum and this is my input. When you take the gamble and mod, you are voiding your engine warranty should any major damage happen to the motor. This will spark huge debate I know, but the bottom line is this...push your car into in Benz service bone stock with major engine/tranny damage and you are going to get grief from service, but they should fix if you are really cool. Push it into the shop with same scene with Kleemann headers and pulleys....you tell me what the average service schmoo is going to say "hey, sir, you put on the racing parts for a reason, to ram it and now it's not covered" Sure you can take them to court and might win, but at what cost. Gid is good friends with his Benz owner, so he is another story. Mine is like entering Hell and asking the Devil for a glass of water.

Again, make sure you know the consequences when you start playing with a 30K motor....yup 30K. NOW, all that being said, Kleemann guys told me honestly, they have NEVER seen a guy that had major engine damage as a reslut of their mods, in the US or overseas. They even researced that idiot that threw a rod on his 55 and was showing video on the web, and found that he was doing all types of home mods and that's why she blew.

I just cannot tell you how happy I am with my mods. Car pulls like my old GSX 1100, and I am not flying through swarms of bugs now.

Last thing, one thing we did discover is that our motors really respond dramatically to different environments. Gid lives in the Midwest and runs 93 octane (which can run up to 95 under the table from what I read)....maybe the lower altitude and higher octane had his car adjust settings to where he was pulling 517hp STOCK.....WOW. I am at 4000ft and run "save the friggin planet" 91 and I bet it has some Ethyl in it..thus mine pulled much lower stock than Gid's. Sounds dumb, but I really was a little let down when mine pulled 585hp after mods....I really had heart set on 600.

Again, make sure you know what you are getting into and if you can swing it..come on in.. There is nothing in the world like driving a luxury car, breathing nappa leather smell, watching your favorite DVD, then blowing the F'in doors off just about any stock car on the road...yeah yeah yeah Z06, Viper..I know...blah blah blah.... Lemme tell ya, with the mods, I bet they slow down and give you thumbs up for the effort, or at least do a double take on you.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I've decided that this will be the car I buy off lease and have it as my project car when the warranty is gone. I'm in no rush and the fact that most of the mods on the car are relatively new, the r & d will be extensive by the time I'm ready to jump off the cliff. Thank you guys for all the information and insight into the 55. Peace.

Trending Topics

Old 03-16-2005, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gid_E_Up

Ya, but you will have to give up your backseat.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Good news, on May 1st as a part of our Atlanta Photo Shoot we will get to see the two E55's go head to head under the smae conditions at the same time.

Who could ask for more?

Going to be a blast of a couple of days! Should have a coupe of SL65's and some highly modified E55's. Sounds like a good time to me.

Schiz
Old 03-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by gobiz
Hi, first I would like to introduce myself. I just sold off my highly tuned Nissan Skyline GTR as I have just been blessed with my first child, plus driving a highly tuned turbocharged car with twin-plate clutch, racing cams, hard suspension and noisy exhaust was getting more and more unpleasant. So I've been researching for a smooth 4-door European car, with comfort in mind but some power too for highway cruising and the occasional blast.
What I found was that basically, for the aforementioned purposes, no 4 door car touches the Kleemann tuned E55 though bone stock, arguably the new M5 matches and in some instances surpasses the E55 AMG.
The amazing E55 K3 produces unmatched performance aided by Kleemann's LSD system, and it's accel. figures put many outright supercars to shame.

I first saw Gid-e-up's car at the Kleemann.dk website. It's exactly the same setup I hope to get.

Gid, what ET would u expect given the same conditions as Derek (ie. same tyres, conditions, and assuming same driving performance) ?
How much difference do you expect the extra 50bhp would make considering Derek produced an amazing 11.659''?

Kind thanks.
You have pics of your GT-R >????? Would love to see it
Old 03-16-2005, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Schiznick
Good news, on May 1st as a part of our Atlanta Photo Shoot we will get to see the two E55's go head to head under the smae conditions at the same time.

Who could ask for more?

Going to be a blast of a couple of days! Should have a coupe of SL65's and some highly modified E55's. Sounds like a good time to me.

Schiz
EVERYONE who can come to this should. It will be THE most definitive comparison of mods vs mods and cars vs cars.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:35 PM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
What the date on this? I might drive down from Maryland. Is there a thread going on about it? Sorry to jack the thread.. Just interested.

-Mike
Old 03-16-2005, 04:57 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
I would love to drive down from Philly and get in on this!
Old 03-16-2005, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
The event is two days. Saturday, April 30th and Sunday May 1st in Atlanta. Saturday we will do dyno runs in the afternoon and Sunday we are headed to the drag strip for a day of runs.

Full details are in the event section of the forum under a post by Chappy for a Photo Shoot on April 30th.

PM me for more details if you would like. We have people coming in from a bunch of states. It will be the largest gathering of AMG owners to date.

Schiznick
Old 03-16-2005, 08:26 PM

2002 C32 AMG
here's some specs and pics of my ex-GTR

http://zerotohundred.com/forums/inde...235&hl=skyline

Voiding the warranty won't really be an issue as I plan to get a used E55K from the UK then sending it over to Kleemann there.

Last edited by gobiz; 03-16-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

W221
That is suhweet....thanks for the pics....it's a shame to see it go
Old 03-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by gobiz
here's some specs and pics of my ex-GTR

http://zerotohundred.com/forums/inde...235&hl=skyline

Voiding the warranty won't really be an issue as I plan to get a used E55K from the UK then sending it over to Kleemann there.
Can I ask what a 96 Skyline GTR is worth?? I have always wanted one, but didnt think they were available in North America. I assume they are all RHD ?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
That is suhweet....thanks for the pics....it's a shame to see it go
BenzoBoi,

Damn.. I forgot you had a Skyline... Do you have any pics of your car that you could send me? I've been searching for a Skyline on and off for a while but didnt think they were legal in North America unless you go through Motorex...

How did you get yours into the country?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by vrus
BenzoBoi,

Damn.. I forgot you had a Skyline... Do you have any pics of your car that you could send me? I've been searching for a Skyline on and off for a while but didnt think they were legal in North America unless you go through Motorex...

How did you get yours into the country?
Here are a couple...

This car is in the middle of a huge overhaul...We are doing alot of things to it. When we are done with it, there won't be anything visual different on the outside...but we all know that it's the inside of the car that counts right??? :v

To answer your question Vic, I did get the car from Motorex. It is still a RHD and totally legalized. Smog is a different issue now :p but as far as been legal, it's legit. There might be some up for sale. I'll ask around and get back to ya...
Old 03-18-2005, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
DerekFSU....sent you a PM