Sponsored by:

drag strip results from last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CLS63
drag strip results from last night

05' E55, bone stock with stock tires and everything...

this is my best pass...the temp was 65 degrees.

60-1.808
330-5.080
660-7.760
mph-91.82
1000-10.075
1320-12.012
mph116.58

also ran a 12.04 and 12.10...both at 117mph

i have pics of the car and timeslips if anyone can post for me...or let me know where i can host the pictures.

chaz was out last night also...CL600 that hauls azzzz!!!! he was running 11.40's!!!

i dusted an M3, C-5 and a cobra!

john

Last edited by housclass; 03-19-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by housclass
05' E55, bone stock with stock tires and everything...car has 582 miles on it!

1320-12.012
mph116.58

john
Those are the best times I have seen posted for a stock E55. I take it that from the get go you did not bother with the break in rules per the owner's manual?

My favorite is the dusting of the M3, C-5 and the Cobra.

Congratrs
Old 03-19-2005, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
05' E55, bone stock with stock tires and everything...car has 582 miles on it!

60-1.808
330-5.080
660-7.760
mph-91.82
1000-10.075
1320-12.012
mph116.58

i have pics of the car and timeslips if anyone can post for me...or let me know where i can host the pictures.

chaz was out last night also...CL600 that hauls azzzz!!!! he was running 11.40's!!!

john
Awesome! What was your rear tire pressure? Stock Conti's, right?
117 is very fast for 65 degrees. Nice job.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC300 sport
were you at hpr? that track is sick. My cobra buddies run the best times there.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:22 PM

'08 CLS63
yep...stock conti's! 25 psi

hrp is a killer track!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Damn thats fast dude, i cant wait to go myself this spring!!! Never been to a drag strip in my life!!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:37 PM

I drive a E55T, SLK55 and 65 Mustang Conv.
Originally Posted by dgussin1
were you at hpr? that track is sick. My cobra buddies run the best times there.
Howdy,
It's really scary when all this talk makes me want to pack up the husband and the E55T ( when I get it) and take it to the yrack and see what IT can do.
Kim
Old 03-19-2005, 06:37 PM

AMG GTS
Hey John ,your car looked great and it hauled *** in that LEFT lane ..Scary to see it when that thing gets broke in....How many you gonna spot me
Old 03-19-2005, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
post it with the rest and represent...

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

Old 03-20-2005, 01:28 PM

'08 CLS63
Originally Posted by Chas Jr
Hey John ,your car looked great and it hauled *** in that LEFT lane ..Scary to see it when that thing gets broke in....How many you gonna spot me
funny!...i was going to ask you the same thing!

here are my timeslips...also there was a typo in the first post...my car really has 1582 miles on it

Old 03-20-2005, 05:31 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by Lady Wolf
Howdy,
It's really scary when all this talk makes me want to pack up the husband and the E55T ( when I get it) and take it to the yrack and see what IT can do.
Kim
LACR isn't too far from you. You should go. Us cobra guys are there all the time. They are open on wed and fri evenings and sometimes on sat and sun.

Just head up the 14 N and exit Pearblossom Hwy. take it til it crosses 138 it will turn into East Avenue T, LACR is one mile down. Avenue T on the right hand side.

Just don't be surprised if you are running a lot slower than some of these other guys. LACR's altitude and track prep kill times. I ran a 12.90 @ 109 in my pop's stock e55 on street tires there last year.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
That is freakin awesome!~!
Old 03-25-2005, 01:58 AM

05' E55, bone stock with stock tires and everything...

60-1.808
330-5.080
660-7.760
mph-91.82
1000-10.075
1320-12.012
mph116.58

john
I was the guy in the silver M3 that you completely dusted. Multiple times I might add... You even beat me when I red lighted the start! It was funny that we kept on getting paired up at the lights. I guess you and I had the same idea of getting as many runs in as possible before it got crowded. Out of 4 runs that I had, the quickest I could pull off was 13.5 @ 104mph. I need some AMG power!!! Both yourself, and the gentleman in the CL 600, had very impressive machines. I would have loved to stay at the track and introduce myself and chat to you about our runs, but unfortunately I had to head out early.

I have browsed over these forums for quite some time, but I hadn't registered until this evening. I find it astonishing what Mercedes is doing with their cars these days; and as many have described, they appear to be in a horsepower war with themselves. Its great! I hope to see more Euros at the track in the future.

Last edited by TripleInboard; 03-25-2005 at 11:40 AM. Reason: grammar error
Old 03-25-2005, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by TripleInboard
I was the guy in the silver M3 that you completely dusted. Multiple times I might add... You even beat me when I red lighted the start! It was funny that we kept on getting paired up at the lights. I guess you and I had the same idea of getting as many runs in as possible before it got crowded. Out of 4 runs that I had, the quickest I could pull off was 13.5 @ 104mph. I need some AMG power!!! Both yourself, and the gentleman in the CL 600, had very impressive machines. I would have loved to stay at the track and introduce myself and chat to you about our runs, but unfortunately I had to head out early.

I have browsed over these forums for quite some time, but I hadn't registered until this evening. I find it astonishing what Mercedes is doing with their cars these days; and as many have described, they appear to be in a horsepower war with themselves. Its great! I hope to see more Euros at the track in the future.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:27 AM

'08 CLS63

if i'm correct...aren't you out at the drag strip all the time?? Chaz said you're out their all the time!!

anytime you guys want to meet up, let me know...i have the same opinion about the euro's out at the strip...i love beating american muscle cars.

when i was in the lanes a guy asked me what i was running and i replied "12.10"...some of the other guys standing around looked at me like i was on crack...i know they thought i was full of ****!

take care!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart

its ok, well let you sell your m3 and go and buy a MBZ!
Old 03-26-2005, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
its ok, well let you sell your m3 and go and buy a MBZ!
That's what I'm doing. M3 just didn't cut it for me.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:01 PM

if i'm correct...aren't you out at the drag strip all the time?? Chaz said you're out their all the time!!

anytime you guys want to meet up, let me know...i have the same opinion about the euro's out at the strip...i love beating american muscle cars.

when i was in the lanes a guy asked me what i was running and i replied "12.10"...some of the other guys standing around looked at me like i was on crack...i know they thought i was full of ****!

take care!
It must be someone else with a silver M3 that he is referring to. I have been to the track before, but it was over three years ago with a different vehicle. I had been so reluctant to take this vehicle since I was worried about damaging the clutch. Only after three years of ownership have I had the courage to launch the car. This was probably evident by my lack of launching skills. My first run of the evening against a GTO, I had a terrible launch with so much spin and even wheel hop, that I ended up running a 15.0 @ 100. It goes without saying that I was incredible discouraged with that run, especially considering that in the past when I had gone, running a vehicle with half of the horsepower, I ran a 15.6. After that, I slowly was able to reduce the wheelspin; but a combination of not slipping the clutch enough, launching from the wrong RPM, and I think too high of tire pressure in the rear (38 psi on 30 series tires) limited me from pulling off a good 60’. I don’t have the time slips with me, but if I recall correctly, all of my 60’ times were in the mid 2 second range. Of course even with optimal launches, shifting, etc….I wouldn’t be able to get close to the times of the AMGs. My goal is to at least match the time that some magazines produce which I believe is 13.2.

EDIT: I forgot to add, once I started running in the 13s, my self-esteem was brought back up (from the 15 sec. run) when the lady at the timing booth said "It is required for you to wear a helmet based on your time."

Last edited by TripleInboard; 03-26-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
It must be someone else with a silver M3 that he is referring to. I have been to the track before, but it was over three years ago with a different vehicle. I had been so reluctant to take this vehicle since I was worried about damaging the clutch. Only after three years of ownership have I had the courage to launch the car. This was probably evident by my lack of launching skills. My first run of the evening against a GTO, I had a terrible launch with so much spin and even wheel hop, that I ended up running a 15.0 @ 100. It goes without saying that I was incredible discouraged with that run, especially considering that in the past when I had gone, running a vehicle with half of the horsepower, I ran a 15.6. After that, I slowly was able to reduce the wheelspin; but a combination of not slipping the clutch enough, launching from the wrong RPM, and I think too high of tire pressure in the rear (38 psi on 30 series tires) limited me from pulling off a good 60’. I don’t have the time slips with me, but if I recall correctly, all of my 60’ times were in the mid 2 second range. Of course even with optimal launches, shifting, etc….I wouldn’t be able to get close times of the AMGs. My goal is to at least match the time that some magazines produce which I believe is 13.2.

EDIT: I forgot to add, once I started running in the 13s, my self-esteem was brought back up (from the 15 sec. run) when the lady at the timing booth said "It is required for you to wear a helmet based on your time."
There were a couple of GTO's running last time I went to e-town. One had a Cartek-installed turbo and ran 11.1. I can't remember the speed. The turbo was just in front of the rear tire under the car. I've never seen anything like it.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:05 PM

'08 CLS63
It must be someone else with a silver M3 that he is referring to. I have been to the track before, but it was over three years ago with a different vehicle. I had been so reluctant to take this vehicle since I was worried about damaging the clutch. Only after three years of ownership have I had the courage to launch the car. This was probably evident by my lack of launching skills. My first run of the evening against a GTO, I had a terrible launch with so much spin and even wheel hop, that I ended up running a 15.0 @ 100. It goes without saying that I was incredible discouraged with that run, especially considering that in the past when I had gone, running a vehicle with half of the horsepower, I ran a 15.6. After that, I slowly was able to reduce the wheelspin; but a combination of not slipping the clutch enough, launching from the wrong RPM, and I think too high of tire pressure in the rear (38 psi on 30 series tires) limited me from pulling off a good 60’. I don’t have the time slips with me, but if I recall correctly, all of my 60’ times were in the mid 2 second range. Of course even with optimal launches, shifting, etc….I wouldn’t be able to get close to the times of the AMGs. My goal is to at least match the time that some magazines produce which I believe is 13.2.

the more you go, the better you will get...we've all been there before!!!

at least you took your euro car to the strip...very rare to see these cars at the strip!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 07:38 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
the more you go, the better you will get...we've all been there before!!!

at least you took your euro car to the strip...very rare to see these cars at the strip!!!
I see 360's at the strip quite often. It's funny watching them run 13's