E-Town Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
E-Town Results

I posted this on my original thread, but any trip to the track warrants an update:

Beautiful day. But I could not beat my best. My best run today was a 12.096 @ 115.89. My 60 foot time on that run was a 1.945.

I backed it up with a 12.150 @ 114.71, with a 1.948 60 foot time. Temp rose from 42 to 50 on the runs. I saw more flashing of the yellow DSC light today than I did last time out.

(I also had a crappy run where the DSC shut me down. I launched at too high an RPM and killed my run. Still, I ran a 12.783 @113.78, which was quicker and faster than 2 C6's out there today.)

Not sure why my MPH was down from the 116.85 that I hit twice in October. May have been a bit more humid today, or it may have been the DSC cutting back some spark.

Anyway - Still dropped a few jaws at the Corvette Challenge. I am going to try to run on a Friday night in the next couple of weeks while the air is still cool. Pictures of my car will be on the racewaypark.com website on Tuesday (link to the photoshop). I will add a picture of my Silver E at the tree next to the pictures of my silver Z06 and silver 300zx Twin Turbo.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CLS63
Originally Posted by enzom
I posted this on my original thread, but any trip to the track warrants an update:

Beautiful day. But I could not beat my best. My best run today was a 12.096 @ 115.89. My 60 foot time on that run was a 1.945.

I backed it up with a 12.150 @ 114.71, with a 1.948 60 foot time. Temp rose from 42 to 50 on the runs. I saw more flashing of the yellow DSC light today than I did last time out.

(I also had a crappy run where the DSC shut me down. I launched at too high an RPM and killed my run. Still, I ran a 12.783 @113.78, which was quicker and faster than 2 C6's out there today.)

Not sure why my MPH was down from the 116.85 that I hit twice in October. May have been a bit more humid today, or it may have been the DSC cutting back some spark.

Anyway - Still dropped a few jaws at the Corvette Challenge. I am going to try to run on a Friday night in the next couple of weeks while the air is still cool. Pictures of my car will be on the racewaypark.com website on Tuesday (link to the photoshop). I will add a picture of my Silver E at the tree next to the pictures of my silver Z06 and silver 300zx Twin Turbo.

has anybody run in the 11's in stock trim with stock tires?
Old 03-20-2005, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by housclass
those are some good runs...are you running stock tires? what psi are you running ...any plans for mods?

has anybody run in the 11's in stock trim with stock tires?
I am bone stock. I was running 22 psi on the conti's. I am not aware of anyone running in the 11's bone stock on stock tires. I really think that one of us in the 12.0's can get that extra fraction of a tenth of a second to officially be a stock 11 second car. Just need the right air and a great track.

I will head to ATCO one of these days and try running there. It is quite a ways further from me than E-Town, but it is the track where most people set their personal bests.

I was a bolt-on lunatic with just about every other performance car that I've ever owned. So far, I have no plans for this car. But who knows.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:54 PM

'08 CLS63
I am bone stock. I was running 22 psi on the conti's. I am not aware of anyone running in the 11's bone stock on stock tires. I really think that one of us in the 12.0's can get that extra fraction of a tenth of a second to officially be a stock 11 second car. Just need the right air and a great track.
hopefully one of us will...i waiting for one more cold front to come through!

let us know how you do!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:33 PM

03 E55 k2; Ford GT

I was there on Friday night. I was consistently over 118 mph (best was 118.6) but all my 60 foot times were well over 2 seconds (2.2 was my best). I have a terrible time launching with the PS 2s. My best 60 foot time came with the ESP off. I did not have time to put on my drag radials. Why don't we meet there this coming Friday night? I want to try my drag radials in the dyno mode. Let me know
Old 03-22-2005, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by saber
Enzom,
I was there on Friday night. I was consistently over 118 mph (best was 118.6) but all my 60 foot times were well over 2 seconds (2.2 was my best). I have a terrible time launching with the PS 2s. My best 60 foot time came with the ESP off. I did not have time to put on my drag radials. Why don't we meet there this coming Friday night? I want to try my drag radials in the dyno mode. Let me know
Saber - Man, I could swear I posted on Monday. Must have screwed something up.

Anyway - it is really hard for me to get to the track on a Friday. Even if I sneak out of my office by 6:00, hard to get from the city, to my car, to E-Town before 8. I am flying in from Honolulu Friday afternoon at 1:20. If you go down, let me know. Depending on how I feel, I may take a ride down (with half a tank, unfortunately).
Old 03-23-2005, 10:11 AM

03 E55 k2; Ford GT
Saber - Man, I could swear I posted on Monday. Must have screwed something up.

Anyway - it is really hard for me to get to the track on a Friday. Even if I sneak out of my office by 6:00, hard to get from the city, to my car, to E-Town before 8. I am flying in from Honolulu Friday afternoon at 1:20. If you go down, let me know. Depending on how I feel, I may take a ride down (with half a tank, unfortunately).
Enzom,
Due to the weather, I am going on Saturday morning. Maybe I will see you there