Sponsored by:

Brabus replicas from mymercedes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 S65
Brabus replicas from mymercedes?

I know I'll catch some sh*t for thinking of putting replica wheels on my car but for the money how can you not consider them. Have any of you guys bought these or seen them up close? How do they look in person? I am thinking of buying a set and didn't know if anyone had used them or not. Let me know if you have any knowledge of these wheels.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJe55
I know I'll catch some sh*t for thinking of putting replica wheels on my car but for the money how can you not consider them. Have any of you guys bought these or seen them up close? How do they look in person? I am thinking of buying a set and didn't know if anyone had used them or not. Let me know if you have any knowledge of these wheels.
My friend has the replica monoblock VI on his E320. First thing, they are very heavy, I think the 19"x8.5 are like 40 lbs. But the real Brabus wheels are quite heavy too...not sure how heavy...i think its around 36 lbs for a similar size. Second, although they look like the 2-pc verson, they are actually a one-piece wheel with some bolts drilled on for looks.

They might slow you down a bit, harsher ride (heavier unsprung mass), and bend easier...but if you just wanna swap for looks, I don't see any significant downside.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 slk32
Originally Posted by onesixeight
My friend has the replica monoblock VI on his E320. First thing, they are very heavy, I think the 19"x8.5 are like 40 lbs. But the real Brabus wheels are quite heavy too...not sure how heavy...i think its around 36 lbs for a similar size. Second, although they look like the 2-pc verson, they are actually a one-piece wheel with some bolts drilled on for looks.

They might slow you down a bit, harsher ride (heavier unsprung mass), and bend easier...but if you just wanna swap for looks, I don't see any significant downside.

I'd like to hear more about them, also. I've been doing some research, and it seems that Brabus rims are heavy in general. I'm torn between the LM5 and Mono VI replicas.

Formymercedes seems to have a pretty good rep on this board.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned

I have a set of 19x8.5, 38mm offset lorinser LM5 replicas for sale. Brand new in box..made by moven. $800-
Old 03-22-2005, 09:37 AM
X55

2001 E55
I was at Jerry's looking at those very wheels about a week ago. Since I'm local he was kind enough to let me stop by and see them in person. The wheels are beautiful - he had a set of 19's there. They look really good and not like some of the replicas that have the severe edge on the bolt circle - his wheels are "flat" in that area which looks more like the originals. Unfortunately he mentioned that with the 35 offset front/back on his wheels that I would probably need a spacer to clear the front brakes. Nice guy and very helpful.