Sponsored by:

lowering problems w/ kleemann module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e55
Question lowering problems w/ kleemann module

recently purchased a kleemann lowering module,after having it installed and adjusted to the desired height ( approx. 32mm. drop) the car drove excellent , barely any difference in ride quality.i actually prefer the way it rides w/the module.unfortunately a problem has arisen,sometimes when i start the car the vehicle rises between 1/4" to 1/2". i have taken numerous measurements and found that the height will vary in the front 1/8" to 1/4" with the drivers side always lower and 3/8" to 4/8" variance in the rear also the drivers side lower.when the car rises i cycle up then down with the factory button in the vehicle,sometimes the vehicle will drop back down to where its supposed to be with one cycle sometimes it takes two times.this may seem to be a trivial amount to complain about but it is noticeable to me and the inconsistincey is frustrating,i have spoken with cory at kleemann about this last week but have not informed him of these new observations as of yet due to 2 hour time difference. if anyone can heip with this it would be muchly appreciated.

Last edited by rbc55; 03-28-2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55 k2; Ford GT
Originally Posted by rbc55
recently purchased a kleemann lowering module,after having it installed and adjusted to the desired height ( approx. 32mm. drop) the car drove excellent , barely any difference in ride quality.i actually prefer the way it rides w/the module.unfortunately a problem has arisen,sometimes when i start the car the vehicle rises between 1/4" to 1/2". i have taken numerous measurements and found that the height will vary in the front 1/8" to 1/4" with the drivers side always lower and 3/8" to 4/8" variance in the rear also the drivers side lower.when the car rises i cycle up then down with the factory button in the vehicle,sometimes the vehicle will drop back down to where its supposed to be with one cycle sometimes it takes two times.this may seem to be a trivial amount to complain about but it is noticeable to me and the inconsistincey is frustrating,i have spoken with cory at kleemann about this last week but have not informed him of these new observations as of yet due to 2 hour time difference. if anyone can heip with this it would be muchly appreciated.
The only thought I have is that it is not related to the module at all. I have my friends sl500 in my garage and when the battery is low it gets lower on the drivers side front and rear. I have to start the car and cycle the height buttons to even it out.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Yep. My car rises after I turn it off and leave it parked for a while. After I get around the car (with Keyless Go) it lowers back down to the "normal" lowered level. I don't use the lowering module, but I think the lowering links work the same way. I've never noticed an actual difference in height after the car adjusts back to "normal".