W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Looking to get Crazy, what are my options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2005 | 03:19 AM

2004 E55
Looking to get Crazy, what are my options

I haven't even made my first payment, but am starting to consider starting some mods to add some more umph. I've read kleemann's, renntech's, and evosports sites, but was hoping for some feedback from those who have already done it. My main questions are

What is worth it? Is 3 grand for an airbox not worth the 5hp you got? Maybe headers are nice but a huge pain in the *** to install, and even worse to uninstall if need be.

What would you have done differetnly?

What have you done that you like?

Evosport has a pulley set and ecu that claims a 50/50 gain for 4 grand. Is this something i'll be happy with?

On a side note, i helped a buddy with a supercharged f-150 do a basic upgrade, his kit had a crank pulley, intake, plugs, and chip for $695. MB prices --->
Old 03-31-2005 | 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by MikaelSS
I haven't even made my first payment, but am starting to consider starting some mods to add some more umph. I've read kleemann's, renntech's, and evosports sites, but was hoping for some feedback from those who have already done it. My main questions are

What is worth it? Is 3 grand for an airbox not worth the 5hp you got? Maybe headers are nice but a huge pain in the *** to install, and even worse to uninstall if need be.

What would you have done differetnly?

What have you done that you like?

Evosport has a pulley set and ecu that claims a 50/50 gain for 4 grand. Is this something i'll be happy with?

On a side note, i helped a buddy with a supercharged f-150 do a basic upgrade, his kit had a crank pulley, intake, plugs, and chip for $695. MB prices --->
ROFL If you want to compare F-150 to E55 then go do it on F-150 forum, dude when you getting 80k car be prepared to pay big bucks for tuning... and the best thing is to get kleemann stage 1 or 2 !

If you planning to go crazy with 1000$ budget get a mustang or f150 !

Last edited by BoBcanada; 03-31-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-31-2005 | 10:17 AM

07 S65
MikaelSS, from what I've seen it's not worth the money but if you want to go faster you have no choice. I have been looking into performance mods as well and it kills me to see what these guys charge for their parts. I can have a custom set of headers made for a 1200hp motor that will still pass emissions for less than half the price of what these guys are charging for our E55 headers. It makes no sense but you have no choice. As for the guys that say don't compare or you can't compare, Bull Sh*t. You can compare. A pulley kit for our car should not be 2 or 3k. It's a pulley for God sake! WIth that said, I"m buying someones kit, even though it's going to kill me to do so. I will also say if you've modified any other high end car before, it's the same deal. The cost of the parts are relative to the cost of the car.
Old 03-31-2005 | 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
As I always say...make sure you know what you are getting into when you mod the Beast.....chances are better then not, if you have MAJOR engine/trans/rear trouble, the regional guy "whoever the hell these mysterious guys are" will shoot down service under warranty if they spot mods. This always sparks a "Inherit The Wind" type of vicious debate....just my humble.

Just know what you are getting into when you mod "my Benz brotha"...then go for it.

As you can see to the left...big Kleemann fan here. $$$$$$$, but love um.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 03-31-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2005 | 02:39 PM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Research and more research when playing with a $90K sedan. The BEAST is a great car out of the box in its stock layout! Drive it for a while and then see what type of mods if any you want to get done

Enjoy your car!

Last edited by 04E55 AMG; 03-31-2005 at 02:42 PM.