W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ill be getting her in a month!! Is it worth it??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG WAGON
Ill be getting her in a month!! Is it worth it??

Being a father of two and the owner of two Giant Schnauzers, Ive always believed in wagons more than SUVs or trucks. The problem with the USA is that its not a wagon culture. We hate them and really dont get the concept. So the market is limited by a few options. Audi has been the only one up to now to offer the S4 and S6 avants 340hp V8(RS6 was only brought in Sedan version), which happen to be fast but not that fast... Three years ago I bought the S6 and proceded to modify it completely(Chip,intake, high flow cats, MTM racing exhaust... and the list goes on.. Seems like this year its all going to change!!! Dodge just introduced the Magnum SRT8 and at the LA show I knew i had to get the E55 estate wagon!! So im happy to anounce that il be getting it in a month, completely loaded. Premium package, Lighting package etc. Im thinking of driving up to West Palm Beach and modifying it at Renntech... are they good? Is it worth it? Will MB find out if I change the crackshaft pulley and remap the ECU???
Old 04-07-2005, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
As far as we know now, there is no way for the techs to know when you have an ECU flash done. While my pulleys are not obvious (flashy gold or something)....I am sure a good tech good check them out and see I have aftermarket pulleys.

Do a search for "warranty"...you can read the age old debates about whether or not you will void your warranty on certain engine parts and drivetrain with pulleys/headers/etc. It's a hot debate. I can tell you ONE thing for sure....there isn't anything in the world like smelling Nappa leather cradled in Mercedes comfort, then blowing the doors off just about any stock vehicle on the street.....blah blah blah cept for Z06's blah blah blah.

All the best.