W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Petition to ban Gustav.
Send him to Davey Jones' locker.
52.83%
Let him pry our guns from our cold dead hands and blows our brains out for as long as he wants.
47.17%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Petition to ban Gustav.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Petition to ban Gustav.

he openly bans us members there for absolutely no discernable reason to me, hillsman or derek yet he can post away here! I know some may have reservations but this i think, is a special exception. we spend thousands of dollars here or for their sponsors and gustav certainly has NO purchases forthcoming so why keep him around. is it revenge??? of course. i, my fellow americans, aussies, canadians etc, say, he.....must.....go.....(said in a cheesy politician voice)
Old 04-19-2005, 06:49 PM

Maybe because I refrain from namecalling and personal attacks as you do not do.

Anyway, Ill have to work on the report from the weekend instead of typng on some Mercedes forum.

Have a nice day Peter.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Banned

**** you. do you know you responded before i could even post the poll? how does that happen???? i hit post poll and boom, as emeril says, your reply was already there!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by Gustav

Anyway, Ill have to work on the report from the weekend instead of typng on some Mercedes forum.

Have a nice day Peter.

YEA, GUSTAV JUST SITS OVER AT THE M5 BOARD AND USES HIS SHORT GUY COMPLEX TO BAN PEOPLE, power can be a dangerous thing. has anyone ever seen a moderater post so frign much?
Old 04-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Banned

Have a nice day Peter.
and you are correct douchtav, you ban those for namecalling and personal attacks as (me, hillsman, derek) DO NOT DO!

simply post a thread of where we namecalled or personally attacked in anger and ill delete this post. IT DOESNT EXIST ANYWHERE.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Well at least we can finally put the name with the face.

Buddy of Gustav's shot over this picture of Gustav.
Attached Thumbnails Petition to ban Gustav.-obese-fat_guy.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Almost a Member!

'06 Rover | '07-E350
I personally admin (and own) a couple of other boards, and have read the threads in question from the M5 board. I do not think those actions warranted the ban stick. Was it really necessary? Heated discussions always arise during debates between rivalries. If you think that's bad, you should check out the Ford vs Chevy guys.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Peter B
simply post a thread of where we namecalled or personally attacked in anger and ill delete this post. IT DOESNT EXIST ANYWHERE.
err, aren't you calling him a douche here?

Last edited by BMBW; 04-19-2005 at 07:07 PM. Reason: insertion of quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:08 PM

....there have been around 5-7+ post on how immuture the m5board people are, yet people like peterB show how immuture our board can get. I think that given the fact that gustav is the administrator of the board it is his job to ban ******* like you from his board. A petition... how low is that, **** you PeterB go ahead and ban me
Old 04-19-2005, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
E 320
Peter, you got a pm! :p

Iron Sheik
Old 04-19-2005, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
OMG . . . . WHO CARES !?!?!?!?!?

The BMW boards are notorious for this kind of flame-war BS and BMW-vs-all arguments with weak-kneed "data" and supposition that they cling to with the fervor of a 6 year-old who still believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny.

The only FACTS of the matter are that there are NO V10 M5s roaming the streets yet (except the couple around here doing EPA testing and they won't play ) and until there ARE and someone lines up next to one at a traffic light or dragstrip, this argument is just a big e-jerkoff contest.

Besides, if they want to jock a car that looks that fukking hideous, LET THEM. It's pretty pathetic that the car that FINALLY comes to save them from the 4-year-old, about-to-be-redesigned W211 looks like a perverted cross between a Hyundai and a Daewoo with some big wheels on it and a rice-boy bodykit.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BMBW
err, aren't you calling him a douche here?
i was banned after 55 posts of wanting to know who has come out of e55 to m5, thats it! douchstav arrived after the ban bmberbee ah forget it!!! i got nothing on your name.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Whats up "Peter"...I go away for a bit and all you guys get rough and ruthless on the boards...dayum Ive never seen so much hostility, I must say it is entertaining. Lets chat soon.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:33 PM

E-55 '05 White/black
I personally would hate to see Gustav banned....even though his rationale for banning me were incorrect...I still challenge you to put back the posts and indicate flaming, Gustav. Two wrongs don't make a right...Heck, if you banned him then I couldn't discuss my original allegations!!! Seriously, he has done nothing to be banned....Gray
Old 04-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by E55JAY
Whats up "Peter"...I go away for a bit and all you guys get rough and ruthless on the boards...dayum Ive never seen so much hostility, I must say it is entertaining. Lets chat soon.
where you been fella??? havent seen any appraisals form you in a while???
Old 04-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GTA23109a

The BMW boards are notorious for this kind of flame-war BS and BMW-vs-all arguments with weak-kneed "data" and supposition that they cling to with the fervor of a 6 year-old who still believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny.

The only FACTS of the matter are that there are NO V10 M5s roaming the streets yet (except the couple around here doing EPA testing and they won't play ) and until there ARE and someone lines up next to one at a traffic light or dragstrip, this argument is just a big e-jerkoff contest.

Besides, if they want to jock a car that looks that fukking hideous, LET THEM. It's pretty pathetic that the car that FINALLY comes to save them from the 4-year-old, about-to-be-redesigned W211 looks like a perverted cross between a Hyundai and a Daewoo with some big wheels on it and a rice-boy bodykit.
you say who cares but you vote to KEEP HIM?!?!?!?!?!?! whats up with that
Old 04-19-2005, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The love is overwhelming. I REALLY appreciate the support (thinking to myself that I never thought I would say that on an internet forum). But let him stay, I don't care.

I no longer care about being banned. The only thing that remotely bothered me was:
You threathened to insult members which is against the rules. Anyway, you seem to be more happy over here and frankly the people over at m5board.com seems to be more happy to have you here as well.
Not only is the "threatening to insult members" not a banned event under their own TOS, but it's not true anyway. And while he made the accusation, he has YET to post it. We obviously didn't talk on the phone so where's the proof?

I honestly think it may be a cultural thing. Being that I've never run into a mod like this with such an appetite for censorship, I can only think that in his culture- this is the norm. If he's anything of a man, he'll at least post the proof of his accusation but either way- let'm stay, I don't care.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
What the **** is "threatened to insult"? Did you say you were going to call them names in a later post?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:14 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Peter B
you say who cares but you vote to KEEP HIM?!?!?!?!?!?! whats up with that
I voted to keep him in because there wans't an option labeled "who gives a ***** about this retard, let him stay and make himself look like more and more of a useless tool with nothing better to do than jock some ugly-***, too-little-too-late, can't-even-buy-one-if-you-wanted-to, excuse for a performance car"

That's why I voted to leave him here . . . cause I couldn't care less about him and neither should any of you . . . GET IT ? ? ? ? ? ?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by hilsman
I personally would hate to see Gustav banned....even though his rationale for banning me were incorrect...I still challenge you to put back the posts and indicate flaming, Gustav. Two wrongs don't make a right...Heck, if you banned him then I couldn't discuss my original allegations!!! Seriously, he has done nothing to be banned....Gray
Totally agree, two wrongs don't make a right.

Banning only exaggerates and draws even more attention to an issue, creating bitterness and ended up wasting everyone's time. At the end of the day, it makes the moderator look bad.

Last edited by W210; 04-19-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by W210
Totally agree, two wrongs don't make a right.

Banning only exaggerates and draws even more attention to an issue, creating bitterness and ended up wasting everyone's time. At the end of the day, it makes the moderator look bad.

Agreed. No point in banning him if he hasn't violated the TOS for this well-moderated board.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:51 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
No need to ban Gustav. FWIW, he does share a lot of good info/specs on a specific BMW car. I will give him that, but aside from that he is biased and cannot accept a M5 losing to anything. When I owned a RS6 and hung out on RS6.com, I swear there were more excuses as to why the M5 lost, etc.

You want an awesome, tell it like it is forum admin...I vote for Erik at RS6.com

Those guys are bunch of "good eggs" Everyone with the exception of a couple (but we have those folks in every forum) are true enthusiasts IMO. They understand and accept the limits of their car and know which fight to pick and which to decline.

Frankly, I miss my RS6 and if the new one is V10TT, I'm there in a heartbeat.

More and more I realize, yes my CL55 is fast, but it still feels "souless" and numb but it serves my purpose since I don't live in an area where twisties at 100mph is a common drive. I hop on the beltway and just go straight more or less.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Well at least we can finally put the name with the face.

Buddy of Gustav's shot over this picture of Gustav.
oh **** i feel off my seat laughing! good one jackpro!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hilsman
I went and joined the m5 board,--I wanna get banned too! shouldn't take me long with my disfunctional posts!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by GTA23109a
Im with him... who cares?

I really dont think people are quite as innocent as they would like to claim. Believe me I think im a nice board user but yes I have ticked off my fair share of people along the way -- cant hide from that. If a BMW board banned me I think I would just go do something else with my time.

Always love internet tough guy fights! Were else can you see people chew eachother out with no fear of what could happen

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Petition to ban Gustav.