Series of photos sold to the highest bidder. M5 E60 vs. E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by krispykrme
how? I would like to test that out. Not 10 second, but permantly.

regards
we'll slick I thought you were the facts man! you don't know about dyno mode?
Old 04-26-2005, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
we'll slick I thought you were the facts man! you don't know about dyno mode?
I will test it tonight to see if ESP is completely shutoff. Dyno mode disable the traction control portion. But no where does it says it will allow yaw and vehicle dynamic.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:07 PM

03 E55 k2; Ford GT
Originally Posted by Peter B
exactly, i mod any car i get so even if i got an m5 what are the mods you could do to it?
Peter,
That is the point, if an engine has forced induction it is easy to get more horsepower and torque. If it does not gaining power is much more involved. I think as a normally aspirated engine the M5 is close to its limit with the high revs. Stock on stock maybe a different story but I bought the e55 because it is so easy to get additional power.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:14 PM

04 E55
tapioca joint? are you kidding me? sweeeet! any way born and raised in oakland bit$h and i don't remeber saying anything about nor cal. to disable esp totally on a 03 you just turn key to p-1 and hit reset 3x fast and go into dyno mode bit$h anything else bit$h. whats a csc2? see like i said your an ignorent idiot you didn't even get my last post to you.-- I was clowning you on the fact your not a driver so don't comment on driving stuff your a by the book guy stick to the numbers and shut it. thats all your good for. So go read some mags and get back to us. did you ever wonder why everyone dissagress with you on this forum? and don't come at with with your little money issues ("you probrably can't afford a garage in nice area of nor cal"thats a total bit$h move guy. don't let the money write checks you can't cash "get it"
You are an idiot.

1st of all. I was driving the car that night. The car simply does not grip like a M and ESP does cut in very agressively. If you really owned the E55 like you claim to be, ESP is the 1st thing to get in your way. I am not sure what dyno mode really does to the car. I will test it tonight and report back.

Disabling traction control does not mean it will allow ESP to stop executing basing on the vehicle chassis dynamic.

CSC2 is the the tires that comes with your car, dumba$$. All US Spec E55 gets poor conti sports contact 2. That has horrible grip in both wet and dry.

The simple fact that you do not know what CSC2 is more than telling that you are a simple pretender.

I had 2 cars with CSC2 from factory (the M3 and E55). The 1st thing that I noticed on both car was the tires (or lack of it). On the M3 i swapped the CSC2 with a set of pilot and the car handled better than CSC2.

On the E55 since the car itself needs more help, a simple of tire change does not make a huge of difference.

Like I said, you don't own the car. Stop making comment about it.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are an idiot.

1st of all. I was driving the car that night. The car simply does not grip like a M and ESP does cut in very agressively. If you really owned the E55 like you claim to be, ESP is the 1st thing to get in your way. I am not sure what dyno mode really does to the car. I will test it tonight and report back.

Disabling traction control does not mean it will allow ESP to stop executing basing on the vehicle chassis dynamic.

CSC2 is the the tires that comes with your car, dumba$$. All US Spec E55 gets poor conti sports contact 2. That has horrible grip in both wet and dry.

The simple fact that you do not know what CSC2 is more than telling that you are a simple pretender.

I had 2 cars with CSC2 from factory (the M3 and E55). The 1st thing that I noticed on both car was the tires (or lack of it). On the M3 i swapped the CSC2 with a set of pilot and the car handled better than CSC2.

On the E55 since the car itself needs more help, a simple of tire change does not make a huge of difference.

Like I said, you don't own the car. Stop making comment about it.
ok numbers boy sorry i didn't get your abbreviation for the ****ty contis that come on the 55's thats all you have to discredit me with? wow I think you need to go to your tapioca place and get some tapioca. get back to us on the dyno mode thing. and don't compare a m3 with a E55 you sound like an idoit. I didn't say you weren't driving I meant you are a dork who can't drive. kinda like I'm a dork for going back and fourth with you on stuff. and you can have the last post on this if you want I'm getting a headache.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:33 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by saber
Peter,
That is the point, if an engine has forced induction it is easy to get more horsepower and torque. If it does not gaining power is much more involved. I think as a normally aspirated engine the M5 is close to its limit with the high revs. Stock on stock maybe a different story but I bought the e55 because it is so easy to get additional power.
M5 probably can be modded to add forced induction (do able). But it will cost a lot of money and should have serious issue to deal with. The compression will probably be lowered significantly ( i believe it is either at 11 or 12:1).

The issue with M5 being maxed out is probably not the rev, but the high compression ratio's strain on the block. Also, the additional heat may also be an issue. M5 did away with fog lights because BMW needed additional cooling duct.

In addition, how well the clutch stand up to the additional output. BMW's clutch has never been known to be that robust.

I know Dinan and several other tuner has S/C M5 (it took them a while to get it done). So it's do able. But it way cost at least half of the car to do it right. Which makes no sense what so ever.

Personally I think both 550i/545i would be much better for tuning.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:44 PM

04 E55
ok numbers boy sorry i didn't get your abbreviation for the ****ty contis that come on the 55's thats all you have to discredit me with? wow I think you need to go to your tapioca place and get some tapioca. get back to us on the dyno mode thing. and don't compare a m3 with a E55 you sound like an idoit. I didn't say you weren't driving I meant you are a dork who can't drive. kinda like I'm a dork for going back and fourth with you on stuff. and you can have the last post on this if you want I'm getting a headache.
CSC2 is well known. Do a search on this forum. Everyone knows what CSC2 and how crap the thing is.

yes i am a dork for telling the truth. The fact is that you can't dispute the fact that ESP is way too agressive.

I will see what dyno mode does tonight. But a simple disabling of traction control only prevent ESP from cutting power when wheels are not spiining at same rate (i.e. skidding). Unless mercedes ESP is simply a traction control in disguise, this will not have effect when your car is sliding and rolling.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:25 PM

03 E55 k2; Ford GT
CSC2 is well known. Do a search on this forum. Everyone knows what CSC2 and how crap the thing is.

yes i am a dork for telling the truth. The fact is that you can't dispute the fact that ESP is way too agressive.

I will see what dyno mode does tonight. But a simple disabling of traction control only prevent ESP from cutting power when wheels are not spiining at same rate (i.e. skidding). Unless mercedes ESP is simply a traction control in disguise, this will not have effect when your car is sliding and rolling.
Guys,
The dyno mode disables all the electronic brains in the car. Please be carefull because it also disables the antilock brakes. I use it regularly at the track. In addition, the car has three types of ESP that I am aware of. (if I am wrong please correct me but this is the way I understand the systems to work) 1) ESP that limits the engine speed when it senses that the tires are slipping. This is the one that is shut off with the button on the dash. This one actually works quite well because unless you have drag radials (I do) the times, 0-60 and 1/4 mile, you get with the ESP on will be better than when off unless you practice launches alot. I you are really good you may get slightly better times with it off but you can not do a pre-launch burnout with it on. 2) Traction control, the E55 does not come with a limited slip diff (I added the kleeman 60%) so the way mercedes overcomes this is with the computer, it applies the brake one rear wheel at a time to limit wheel slip and force the other wheel with power. The computer applies the brake in very rapid pulses. This means that both tires never have power at the same time. This is not shut off with the switch. 3) lastly, there is a rev limiter that will kick on if the ESP is off and your wheels are spinning and the engine is reving too high. I don't know if the dyno mode turns this off. I hope this helps
Old 04-26-2005, 07:27 PM

03 E55 k2; Ford GT
Originally Posted by BMBW
and I'm sure Dinan mods won't cost less than 2-3x the cost of comparable performance mods on an E55. Moreover, there's only so much power you can gain from modding a NA engine without going to forced induction. Obviously there's no mod data on the new M5's yet, but my guess is that a heavily modded E55 will cost much less and be a little faster than a fully modded M5 (unless you supercharge the M5 - but that's probably going to be a 35k+ mod if and when it ever becomes available).
This is a very sound post
Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As far as the issue of ESP and body roll goes, krispykrme has a very valid point. It is a fact that BMW's are built to handle - and they do. There is no doubt in my mind that if I met an M5 driver of similar driving skill on a windy road, that he would be able to gain a significant lead. The issue, however, does not lie completely in the ESP (IMO). The weight distribution on the E55 is obviously not 100% effective, and could use a little work. The added weight of luxuries and a massive engine clearly don't help. Truthfully, I think that the new M5 will be a very tough competition for the W211 because it is pushing greater horsepower, more gears, and a much more race-inspired chassis that is balanced to handle turns with much more ease then the W211. Now, there is no doubt in my mind that I would still choose an E55 over a new M5, but as far as I'm concerned, it really is much more agile and nimble than the E55 (on curves that is, the straight line performance is still in dispute). So, I'm taking Krispykrme's side on this one. The added body roll due to the ineffective weight balance on the E55 triggers the ESP which senses the yaw and vehicle chassis dynamic and causes it to intervene. The new M5 will obviously be more effectively balanced and thus have a less discriminating stability program. The bottom line is, the M5 will prove to be heavy competition for the E55. In my mind, I'm actually happy - all it means is that the new model (E63/E65) will do donuts around the M5 with ease

Last edited by zdkdeeier493; 04-26-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:58 PM

'06 M5
I'm sure a suspension lowering module (like the one from Kleeman, or even Carlsson or Brabus make one as well I believe) would help significantly on the E55. Couple that with some better springs and/or a good sway bar and you should easily be able to keep up on twisty roads with the M5. Of course, these mods will cost you several thousand.

I bought my E55 though for the pure power and luxury it provides. It was the best for me in overall looks, luxury, and performance. I had a '01 740i Sport (last year with that beautiful body style ) with Dinan mods I traded in for my '04 E55 and have never been happier.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by saber
well all I need to add to this conversation is that after I spent a few thousand on parts and did most of the install work myself; I do 0 to 60 in under 4 sec; pull 11.7 in qtr at 119 (documented manny times, see my pictures on dragtimes.com)

Before doing that, one has to know that every production M5 can beat E55. That was against "national press car" and not your production car sold and bought by someone.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I will test it tonight to see if ESP is completely shutoff. Dyno mode disable the traction control portion. But no where does it says it will allow yaw and vehicle dynamic.

Krispy - it will only work if your display is set to show your vehicle speed. Play with the menus until the speed shows. Then pull the key out of the ignition, put it back in and put it into dyno mode.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:05 PM

Wow, whoever called gustaff a du shbag was right on the money--this clown was telling hte stories of "national press car" M5 destroying E55 , while Erik from RS6.com who actually rented the airfield for the test of a different opinion. IF two people that were there cant agree on "destroying" part, you all with e55 should sit tight and wait for that production M5 to show up because I personally doubt production M5 will outrun the "national press car".

Erik posted more on RS6.com than here-go read........

THe humiliation to gustaff I guess comes from Erik posting pictures which directly contradic gustaffs BS......

Ask yourself, before Erik posted his pictures did you read anything by gustaff where he admitted that M5 lost UNDER ANY Circumstances to E55? All I heard M5 all day long with 4 people in it was killing E55---now that you have pictures all kinds of explanations pop up. THe picturs of porsche 993 Turbo S beating M5 and directly contradicting gustaff are priceless..........take a look
www.rs6.com click on "comunity" than "all high performance cars" and go right into "Informal M5 test in Sweden".

gustaff, what a d ush bag--beats kryspy by a factor of 1000.
I think the gustaff dude is a Chef, because he is cooking all kinds of sh t.

Last edited by Belmondo; 04-26-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:15 PM

Ask yourself, before Erik posted his pictures did you read anything by gustaff where he admitted that M5 lost UNDER ANY Circumstances to E55? All I heard M5 all day long with 4 people in it was killing E55---now that you have pictures all kinds of explanations pop up. THe part about porsche 993 Turbo S beating M5 and directly contradicting gustaff are priceless..........take a look
www.rs6.com click on "comunity" than "all high performance cars" and go right into "Informal M5 test in Sweden".

gustaff, what a d ush bag--beats kryspy by a factor of 1000.[/QUOTE]

Belmondo,

you have seriously misread Gustav's statements. He said that th M5 destroyed the E55 on a run of drivers only. He also said that on another run, the M5 with 4 people in it managed to outrun the E55 at the end. He has also said that the photos presented by RS-Kicker was of the run where the M5 had the 4 passengers in it. This makes sense as RS_Kicker has also stated that he saw the M5 as the clear winner. (The margin of victory is still disputed). He NEVER said the M5 with 4 passengers in it DESTROYED the E55
Old 04-26-2005, 11:38 PM

Well, did the M5 without the 3 "people" in it "destroy" E55?? Proof?? Perhaps gustaff "seriously misread" results of the test?? Otherwise why would he and Erik have any disagreements? I thought the test should make everything clear and not the other way around.

I'm not the only one here bothered by gustaffs "destroy" 'humiliate" BS.
Erik felt the same way, I think that much is clear.
If the margine of victory is still disputed after the race by two people who were there, I say gustaff was called dus hbag correctly for presenting half the story as a whole here.

End of half-baked story.

Last edited by Belmondo; 04-26-2005 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Belmondo
Well, did the M5 without the 3 "people" in it "destroy" E55?? Proof?? Perhaps gustaff "seriously misread" results of the test?? Otherwise why would he and Erik have any disagreements? I thought the test should make everything clear and not the other way around.

I'm not the only one here bothered by gustaffs "destroy" 'humiliate" BS.
Erik felt the same way, I think that much is clear.
If the margine of victory is still disputed after the race by two people who were there, I say gustaff was called dus hbag correctly for presenting half the story as a whole here.

End of half-baked story.
Well you have a valid point, for now! Until we all see proof. He is claiming he has the evidence on video, and will be published in the coming days. I, for one, am looking forward to it
Old 04-27-2005, 12:25 AM

I hope "his" videos are better than his statements. I'm sure he is working hard on "editing" now.

One still has to think , to rent airfield, to be able to get "national press car" from BMW and on top bring Viper, a few Porsches, a few AMG's, Galllllardo and what not, and at the end of hte "test" to be arguing with someone who was there with you -- is just crazy.
Rroll tests only , the extra people--those extra 3 people should have been standing at the end of 900m runway, so that everyone would know right there at that very time who beat who and by how much.

Also, if you read half of Eriks post :

Erik
Mexico was fun!

Yes, I know.

I rent the airfield.

The description that the M5 humiliates the E55 and the Porsche 993 Turbo stands for Gustav. I think he took that back by now.

YOu should know now what you should NOT expect from that
Video.
It would also seem only prudent to mention that there was no production M5 on that day on that airfield.

Last edited by Belmondo; 04-27-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:33 AM

Here is Eriks post:

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread...&threadid=6605

Erik took the pics, I was in the M5.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:35 AM

Here is what Erik says about the tuned Porsche 996 Turbo:

I think a stock 996 T will have big problems. PV996TT has about 520 hp in his car. He was a bit faster, but the difference is not huge. Scary!

So how could a 993 TYurbo S with worse drag be so much faster? My impression was that the 993 Turbo was outtun.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:36 AM

I think a stock 996 T will have big problems. PV996TT has about 520 hp in his car. He was a bit faster, but the difference is not huge. Scary!

So how could a 993 TYurbo S with worse drag be so much faster? My impression was that the 993 Turbo was outrun.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

uhhh I'm pretty sure i never tried to dispute the esp thing with you i think you have me confussed with somone else. I just let you know you can completly turn it off. do you have A>D>D or somthing every time we get into it you change what were talking about its like your trying to do a jedi mind trick on me.
I
Old 04-27-2005, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gustav

So how could a 993 TYurbo S with worse drag be so much faster? My impression was that the 993 Turbo was outrun.

I think you and Erik should get your "impressions" straighten up before posting. THe last thing needed is two of you prooving something to each other here. Who took hte videos, Eric?

Before posting Eriks posts you should post your own BS:

Gustav
Administrator

The car is unbeleivable. Beated:

E55 AMG Kompressor
E55 AMG kompressor Estate. These cars does not stand a chansse esp. in higher speeeds and I have videos to prove it.

It completely humiliates:

Porsche 993 Turbo with Turbo S engine package
E55 AMG Kompressor
E39 M5
Carrera 996 mkII

So in hte same post BY YOU --it beats and humiliates E55 AMG Kompressor to wich Erik says :

Erik
Mexico was fun!

Yes, I know.

I rent the airfield.

The description that the M5 humiliates the E55 and the Porsche 993 Turbo stands for Gustav. I think he took that back by now.

So did you take your sh it back by now? He clearly disagrees with you as you with him.

Perhaps you two should meet at pizza place and clear it all up before posting here? If you two, who were there together, cant agree , why do think anybody here should?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:06 AM

Whathave I taken back? Please post links instead or quotes. I have trouble following your posts.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:33 AM
M&M

Belmondo, I'm still waiting for your answer as to what was done to the "national press car" to make it faster & yet look & sound stock with stock intake & exhaust, redline & run on pump fuel.

I'm sure you are aware that we are in a horsepower war. If such tricks were possible why not just put it into production?

After all the M3 CSL is 40% more expensive that an M3 & has 18hp more. But in order to make the hardware mods work, the exhaust & airbox were changed or else there would be a bottleneck. The air flow meter is changed to an Alpha N system on the CSL. Changing the cams isn't going to help if you can't get the air in or out.

Now, these mods on the CSL only make 18hp & they are VISIBLE & AUDIBLE. What Mr Belmondo Genius is saying is that the press M5 has some engine mods, but the exhaust, intake, redline are stock. Stock AFM, running on pump fuel.

There's just some hidden mods under the hood that made this 100hp/l M5 fast.

Damn, do you know how desperate that makes you sound?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Series of photos sold to the highest bidder. M5 E60 vs. E55 AMG