Sponsored by:

Old Member returning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG, Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Old Member returning

Hi All, after trading my e55 for a audi rs6 avant, i have finally decided to trade back to the e55 amg.

A couple of questions;

1) Where can I get the blacked out grille which is on the s65 amg from within the UK?

2) Was thinking of changing the exhaust any reccommendations heard eisenmann sounds great but any others out there worth considering??

3) I wanted to get some illuminated door sills any help here would be appreciated e.g. part numbers

4) Am thinking of chipping it, to 550+ bhp with the limiter removed would one be able to tell the difference driving normally around town??

Thanks,
Old 05-06-2005, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Uh uhhh...not that easy Mr.....how come the switch?

Just curious.....

Anyway, PeterB is still the mod master...he should have grill info you need.

Chipping alone for me made throttle response a lot tighter...just felt like motor was more responsive....seat of pants dyno up a tiny bit, but nothing like the Kleemann K2 mods...that was night and day.

Welcome back...

Old 05-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Welcome back
Old 05-06-2005, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by Manoj1
1) Where can I get the blacked out grille which is on the s65 amg from within the UK?

Try through eBay uk, there are a couple of places that sell them in Germany as well

2) Was thinking of changing the exhaust any reccommendations heard eisenmann sounds great but any others out there worth considering??

Few options out there. Eisenmann is just the mufflers, whereas you can get a complete system from Kleemann, Brabus, and a few others. Kleemann's system is expensive though, so you may be better off going with Eisenmann. Members on here have removed a set of catalytic converters as well as the resontators and added aftermarket headers which has livened up the sound considerably.

3) I wanted to get some illuminated door sills any help here would be appreciated e.g. part numbers

Can't help you there.

4) Am thinking of chipping it, to 550+ bhp with the limiter removed would one be able to tell the difference driving normally around town??

As of now I have yet to discover any mod that decreases the daily drivability of these cars. It's all about how you drive, and just about everything out there allows the factory Mercedes feeling to remain intact, albeit with a good amount of extra ponies.

-m
Old 05-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Uh uhhh...not that easy Mr.....how come the switch?

Just curious.....

Anyway, PeterB is still the mod master...he should have grill info you need.

Chipping alone for me made throttle response a lot tighter...just felt like motor was more responsive....seat of pants dyno up a tiny bit, but nothing like the Kleemann K2 mods...that was night and day.

Welcome back...

thanks, mister! evo (ive got and love it) and kleeman seem to have a lot of followers here. search this thread using the search feature bor blacked out grille and you should see it. ebay is a great place as marcus said for dress up goodies. good luck and welcome back!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:46 PM

'06 M5
You might try the following site for illuminated door sills:

For My Mercedes

Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Almost a Member!

thanks guys for the help, after driving and getting used to the amazing torque of the e55 there was nothing to compare it to.

The RS6 felt quicker at lower speeds, however when cruising and you wanted that neck twisting shove there was nothing there, think the auid felt quicker due to less sound deading and being a slightly less lighter vehicle.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Almost a Member!

Been speaking to one of the installers for Eisenmann, Kleeman, Carlsson and Brabus and they have reccomnded either the carlssson or the brabus with the 6 exaust tips, not too sure on what I think about it, also has any one heard it??
Old 05-09-2005, 12:11 PM

I've seen and heard the Brabus 6 tips exhaust its very deep and loud. It attracts a lot of attention if that’s what you’re looking for then its perfect. Good luck
Old 05-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Almost a Member!

thanks, that is one sweet car in your sig, noticed the number plate is in black whats the deal with that??
Old 05-09-2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Manoj
thanks, that is one sweet car in your sig, noticed the number plate is in black whats the deal with that??

Thanx for the compliment... the number plate will be white soon lool I have the car in the UK under temporary importation. You live in the UK?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Yeah live in the UK in London
Old 05-10-2005, 04:38 PM

Cool hope to see u around some time