W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone been to New England Raceway in New Hampshire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone been to New England Raceway in New Hampshire?

They have the coolest and the dryest weather for this weekend. And IMPORT WARS on Saturday. Anyone been there that can comment on the track?
Old 05-19-2005, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Being from the Northeast....here is what you could do

You could hit Englishtown Friday for 20, Fri Street Night – Muffled Time Trials +$500 to Win Ford & Mustang VS. The World Showdown 1. Open 5PM. Street muffled vehicles only.

Slight chance of rain Friday night but low of 48??? how much colder do ya need at sea level?

http://www.etownraceway.com/

Bout 300 miles from Englishtown to Epping on major highway driving.......bout 4+ hours 75-80....if you follow a New Yorker headed upstate, less. Thruway (I-87) is crawling with cops so follow...DON"T LEAD....

New England Dragway has a great rep for both divisions NH and IHRA....not sure of the elevation.

Anyway, you could make the races on Saturday .....then if you really wanted to be out of control, you could shoot down (bout 3 hours) to Albany NY on Sunday for Lebanon Valley dragway just East of Albany......a small track, but newer upgrades and it will be cooler.elev 500ft. , but they drag on Sunday.

That's allllll my old stompin grounds...brings back good memories of watching the ole USA1 70's funny car run. They even ran a rocket car at Lebanon.....YES rocket car..not jet. Used the same fuel satellites use to turn in space. Blew over 350 before landing in the sand and being banned by the NHRA...he now runs in England. F'in awesome to watch.

I see why you are doing this....VA Motorsports park heavy rain Friday Night.

Hope I helped......it's *****oad of drivin....but hey, it ain't vacation...this is Biz-ness.

Good luck D Man....say hi to BrooklynBenz for me.

****Been away from N'oreaster territory for many years now, so NorthEast guys, please chime in with any recent track input*****

Last edited by Jakpro1; 05-19-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. Was thinking the same thing other than Albany. Englishtown has a 30% chance of rain so we'll play that by ear. On top of all this, how cool is my wife to tag along on this wild goose chase?
Old 05-19-2005, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Oh yeah, if you've been to the Northeast...you already know there are toll roads all over the friggin place. Bring at least a roll of quarters and some pocket cash.....nothing like pulling up to a toll booth near New York and not have cash...people behind you riot in seconds. You should take a few days off next week and check out the city....Spring in New York just wonderful.

You can't do it in 1 or even 2 days...so if ya do, hit midtown....Central Park...5th Ave and Times Square....get the Benz on the today show if ya can.....he he.

Sorry if you have done the Big Apple many times before....didn't mean to treat you like a first timer Derek.

Keep us posted.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 05-19-2005 at 11:52 AM.